Search: Posts made by: Semantics Michael
Forum: Soaring June 10th 21, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Black Magic?

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 1:49:49 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
On 6/10/21 12:28 PM, Semantics Michael wrote:

But as soon as it was posted on Google, it got relayed to the Usenet
Forum: Soaring June 10th 21, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Black Magic?

But as soon as it was posted on Google, it got relayed to the Usenet
network, where it will stay forever.
For example, some recent postings from "Dee" were deleted off Google,
and remain...
Forum: Soaring June 10th 21, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Soliciting Applications for the 2021 Wally and Muriel Leland Mentorship

Per the announcement, applications for the 2021 Leland Mentorship will be accepted until June 21st, so please get one in soon. Any excess, unspent funds will likely be transferred to the WSPA's...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 21, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

How many flights were UNPAID as a instructor? An approximate guess will suffice.

OK, I give in. My question has been deleted as it has been perceived as a personal attack. My apologies.
Forum: Soaring June 9th 21, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

Not absolutely certain, but I believe this is the obituary for our lost pilot. What a loss to his family, medical profession and his extreme...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 21, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 6:16:31 PM UTC-5, Jim N wrote:
The FAA out of Boston, just recently, presented a webinar on this very thing. I believe it's available via YouTube

Jim

This the...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

Can we get any details on the pilot, like age, currency, and number of hours PIC?

Boggs
64 years old. Not very current. Not known.
UH
What does...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:41:30 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:12:12 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Can we get any details on the pilot, like age, currency, and...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:41:30 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:12:12 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Can we get any details on the pilot, like age, currency, and...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

Yes indeed. Jim Payne had such a great flight on Sunday that they decided nobody could do better, so they voted to take all his scoring points away! Also, the satellite pics showed a squadron of UFOs...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 21, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

What is it you want to see in contest reporting? How tasty the BBQ was that evening or something more?

Here's a sample of what one can put together if you enjoy head-to-head battles between 2 or...
Forum: Soaring June 5th 21, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Looks like there's been some amazing flying at the Nationals, but not a peep that I can find anywhere in terms of reporting. I tried the...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 21, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Dick Johnson flight tests

Thank you Michael. Unfortunately I cannot see a link in the upper left of the Soaring Magazine page. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Try this link, clic on "Start Exploring" .....log-in if...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 21, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Dick Johnson flight tests

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:03:03 AM UTC-5, jp wrote:
Are the Dick Johnson flight test reports on the new SSA website?

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 2:08:23 PM UTC-5, Semantics Michael wrote:
On...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 21, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Dick Johnson flight tests

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:03:03 AM UTC-5, jp wrote:
Are the Dick Johnson flight test reports on the new SSA website?

Yes, JP. After you log in, go to "News".....then, "Soaring Magazine...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 21, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Dick Johnson flight tests

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 10:03:03 AM UTC-5, jp wrote:
Are the Dick Johnson flight test reports on the new SSA website?

Yes, JP. After you log in, go to "News".....then, "Soaring Magazine...
Forum: Soaring May 24th 21, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Soliciting Applications for the 2021 Wally and Muriel Leland Mentorship

You can either use the "Reply To Author" function here on RAS or email us:
phlyingals AT gmail.com

Mike for the "Phlyingals"
Great, thank you for the establishment of this mentorship...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 21, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Soliciting Applications for the 2021 Wally and Muriel Leland Mentorship

Request for Proposals: Second annual 2021 Wally and Muriel Leland Mentorship awards

Purpose: Provide advanced training of female glider-certificated pilots in cross country, aerobatics and/or...
Forum: Soaring May 17th 21, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
FAA Permanently Revokes Pilot's License over ADS-B

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 7:00:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
This was not a license suspension, it was a life-time revocation by the FAA
1 year revocation, neither life-time nor...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 21, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
FAA Permanently Revokes Pilot's License over ADS-B

Power pilot accused of intentionally turning off ADS-B out to cloak a different infraction (flying under a bridge). This was not a license suspension, it was a life-time revocation by the FAA (After...
Forum: Soaring April 25th 21, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
FLARM Fusion Range

Just remember, your FLARM doesn't alert you unless you're on a collision course.

https://i.imgur.com/QLpwpVu.gifv
Forum: Soaring April 22nd 21, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Time to hang it up?

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 7:24:33 PM UTC-5, Semantics Michael wrote:
John,
Wait, wait, wait a minute.....tell me it isn't so, unless you've closed the door already. Can we vote you back in...
Forum: Soaring April 22nd 21, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Time to hang it up?

John,
Wait, wait, wait a minute.....tell me it isn't so, unless you've closed the door already. Can we vote you back in if you could be persuaded? From you post, I see some wiggle room.... had you...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 21, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
Einar Enevoldson passing

Einar Enevoldson passed away Thursday.

Short bio at Perlan Project: https://perlanproject.org/member/einar-enevoldson
Forum: Soaring March 31st 21, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Semantics Michael
AHRS and competition/badges/records/OLC ?

Hmmm ........disabling a critical safety feature makes perfect sense.