Search: Posts made by: Montblack
Forum: Piloting November 9th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
$98 per barrel oil

("Judah" wrote)
So illuminate. What exactly is the scope of what's happening in
(industrial) China?

Phenomenal growth and potential for more growth.

Montblack
Forum: Piloting November 8th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
$98 per barrel oil

("Thomas Borchert" wrote)
You don't remotely know me enough to be able to make that statement above.
And it's a typical knee-jerk ugly American redneck reaction of you, too
;-)

No need to...
Forum: Piloting November 8th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
$98 per barrel oil

("kontiki" wrote)
If the US actually had a *real* energy policy to _include_ more
production, nuclear and alternatives then there would be immediate
downward pressure on worlwide prices.

One...
Forum: Piloting November 1st 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
the AIM of LIFE .

("Denny" wrote)
I noticed by mid summer that the weekly stop at our house was still going
strong, but then they would simply drive past Mary's house without
stopping... Apparently they...
Forum: Owning November 1st 07, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Montblack
AvTek Pulsar Installation PIREP (or "Why I'm Not an A&P")

("Margy Natalie" wrote)
If you would give us the year that you started I could probably guess the
year it was done. Plus or minus a year or so.

'98

Down the hill of our freeway exit ramp,...
Forum: Owning October 29th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Montblack
Owner maintenance screw-ups

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Honeck's Law dictates that "Any work done under any aircraft panel shall
result in the need for further [UNRELATED] work to be done under the panel."

Montblack
Forum: Owning October 25th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Midair Drama Unfolds in Tower Tape Audio

From today's AvWeb:

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/984-full.html#196454
Midair Drama Unfolds in Tower Tape Audio

"The first call from the Saratoga pilot comes about 2:15 on the...
Forum: Piloting October 25th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Midair Drama Unfolds in Tower Tape Audio

From today's AvWeb:

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/984-full.html#196454
Midair Drama Unfolds in Tower Tape Audio

"The first call from the Saratoga pilot comes about 2:15 on the...
Forum: Piloting October 25th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Results as of Oct. 19: At what age did you start logging time towards your first pilot license?

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Still flying, Angelo?

Him, that particular J-3, or both? g

Montblack
Forum: Home Built October 25th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Montblack
looking for helicopter news groups

("Anthony W" wrote)
Who's holding the pot?

Define "pot".

Montblacklight
Forum: Piloting October 23rd 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

("Dan Luke" wrote)
She seems the most trustworthy, to me.

So you entered a coma in 1991, and came out of it in 2000. I see. That
explains much. g

One problem with Billary is she's smart, and...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Boeing gives Chicago $10-million-not really

("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
Do they have a lot of birds of prey in the greater Chicago area?

Blah, blah, blah, ...Chicago.

Back to the Twin Cities:

"BirdCam began in 1998, when NSP (now Xcel...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 07, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Boeing gives Chicago $10-million-not really

("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
A bird hospital? Really? Now there's something that will make big money
for the city.

I'm convinced the local popularity and national reputation of the...
Forum: Home Built October 22nd 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Montblack
Nobody believed that we walked away

("Big John" wrote)
Didn't say in paper. Not enough in pictures for me to make a wild guess.

Maybe someone else on Group knows and will post? Paper said it was
featured in the 'Contact'...
Forum: Home Built October 21st 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Clutch Cargo, prophet

("Dan" wrote)
I did look at it. The aircraft in question reminded me of one that
actually flew successfully for a few years back in the 1960s. I forget
what it was...
Forum: Piloting October 21st 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Clutch Cargo, prophet

("Dan" wrote)
I did look at it. The aircraft in question reminded me of one that
actually flew successfully for a few years back in the 1960s. I forget
what it was...
Forum: Piloting October 21st 07, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Another argument against CP. Juries make mistakes.

More than 42K people die on our highways every year - society views this as
an acceptable loss.

I would like to see a...
Forum: Piloting October 21st 07, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
How come the wings bank when I use the rudder

("Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" wrote)
'cause if it didn't, your feet would have nothing to do ;-)

http://www.ercoupe.org/images/37.jpg
That would be awful...! :-)

Montblack
Forum: Owning October 20th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Montblack
Cost of Avgas???

wrote)
Hey: with oil 90 bucks barrel has it caused Avgas to go up in your
area??? How much are you paying???

at KBHM ( Birmingham, Al) last week it was $ 5.76 a...
Forum: Owning October 20th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Montblack
Cost of Avgas???

("BT" wrote)
0L7 last weekend was about $3.85

http://www.airnav.com/airport/0L7
0L7, Jean Airport

http://skyvector.com/#26-24-3-4987-742
20 NM SW of LAS (Las Vegas) @ 6:30
Forum: Piloting October 20th 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Flash Drives back and forth PC to Macs Question

("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
I notice that some of my flash drives are FAT16 and some are FAT32. Their
general use is on the IMac, but every now and then I need to carry a file
on over to...
Forum: Piloting October 19th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Crosswinds & Obstacles are a funny thing

("Kevin Clarke" wrote)
... [TRIMMED for Montblack] :-)

Mmm.... and all the trimmings. Just for me.

Thank you.

Montblack
Forum: Piloting October 18th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

("C J Campbell" wrote)
I think that point of that scene was that the Apes were treating him like
a wild animal. Was that not dehumanizing and hazardous?

Yes, dehumanizing, and yes,...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

("Larry Dighera" wrote)
The leader of our country, while he was governor of Texas, put more
"criminals" to death than all the rest of the states combined, IIRC.
Perhaps such disrespect for...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Montblack
Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

("Larry Dighera" wrote)
Mace? Wrestle him to the floor? A net? Something with less lethal
potential than 100,000 volts?

This scene in Planet of The Apes (1968) comes to mind: Taylor breaks...