As heard on 123.3........ by John Sinclair[_5_]
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF! WHAT! WHERE? Just outside of town! Is the trailer all right? Yes (Pause) Is the car all right? Yes (Long pause) Are you all right?
by Airport Bum Go to last post
34 237 Soaring
Wheel brake effectiveness standards by Kenn Sebesta
Does anyone have any data, preferably quantitative, about what sort of braking performance is required? On the one hand, it would seem that effective braking is primordial for safe landing in the event of an outlanding, but on the other hand many gliders seem to have inadequate brakes, to put it...
by 2G Go to last post
28 118 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
Today 03:19 AM
by MNLou Go to last post
7 32 Soaring
Turning a Schweizer 2-22 into a powered aircraft by [email protected]
I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft. http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com/gallery/bondol001.html
for the amateur meteorologists, question. by john firth
Maybe the last flight of the year, but memorable. Atmosphere 10C, very unstable , with cloudbase 5000ft and tops above 10K; showers, wind W 15kt @ 1000ft. climbed to 4000 (airspace limit) over the airfield ; flew upwind along a cloud street, holding 4000ft. Street ended after 10 miles , then...
Today 02:41 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
4 21 Soaring
FES climb rate question. by JM LN
Hi everybody. I would like to know the opinion of a owner of a HPH Shark with FES. Which is the true climb rate?. Somebody has proven to use FES like a supplement tow mechanism?. I mean, how efficient is take a tow to 300 or 400 m and later start FES to climb at 900 or 1000 m. Thank you very...
by 2G Go to last post
25 155 Soaring
Glider transport from NJ to Florida or in between. by [email protected]
Our club is in need of transporting a glider enclosed in a trailer from NJ to Florida or in between. I will pay the expenses or reasonable charge for the delivery. I could meet the transporter in NC or SC if needed. My understanding is that it is a clam shell road worthy trailer with a damaged...
Yesterday 08:50 PM
by Tim Hanke[_2_] Go to last post
4 85 Soaring
Another E glider concept by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYU2zkGQFQ
by Graham Stanford[_2_] Go to last post
73 670 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Frank Whiteley
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:49:26 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote: Since the numerator is known and relatively accurate, the only way to come up with such optimistic statistics is by significantly inflating the denominator. I’ve seen 10,000 and even 20,000 in the denominator when the actual number...
Yesterday 07:18 PM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post