Search: Posts made by: Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Forum: Soaring November 5th 20, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
2-22 for sale?

One was just purchased from southern Alberta Canada for transit to Jakarta...
Forum: Soaring September 29th 20, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Soaring Graphic Design

I've used 99designs to create a couple of popular logos for the Canadian Nationals and the Ontario Provincials.

Have also used the service for other non-gliding logo designs.

Patrick
Forum: Soaring September 24th 20, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
LS6 (a, b) NEO

We've been looking at this for the LS6-b I co-own. At last check, technical documentation to share with our installer was only for the 4... I'm not sure if they are fully ready on the 6, but they...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 20, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Blanik L23 Wanted

I saw a listing a month ago representing the sale of an L-23 from the Edmonton Soaring Club.

I hope that helps.
Forum: Soaring June 12th 20, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds

TL;DR

View a presentation on the genesis and concept behind the Proving Grounds at this recording of the SOSA presentation if you're interested.

Great to be working with clubs on kits across...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 20, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds

The Proving Grounds will be discussed this evening (Saturday) on SOSA's weekly 'Hangar Flying' at 7PM.

If you're interested in learning more about the platform to close the gap between solo pilot...
Forum: Soaring June 5th 20, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds

Over the past few years at my gliding club (Cu Nim, Calgary Alberta), we’ve developed an XC development framework that in 2019 spread across Canada. Now we’re looking to share its success to...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 20, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
COVID-19 Operational Considerations

Thanks for the note on the XC pilot ensuring there is PPE in the retrieve vehicle. So far the only item of value in this thread - unfortunate really.

I'd agree that this is in large part optics,...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 20, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
COVID-19 Operational Considerations

On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 3:23:52 PM UTC-6, son_of_flubber wrote:
I suggest that you add four columns to your spreadsheet:

Total glider launches

Total COVID-19 infections attributed to...
Forum: Soaring April 26th 20, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
COVID-19 Operational Considerations

Hey all, I'm going to start to try to consolidate the "how" of gliding operations to help inform us all of what might become a "best practice" for operations.

Please review what I've collected to...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 20, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
New Video from Cowley 2019

Another highlight video from combat flight instructor with the RCAF featuring some of the best moments from the Summer and Fall Cowley camps.

https://youtu.be/FNmnh_mein0
Forum: Soaring April 1st 20, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
OLC uploading disabled? What does it mean?

Everything about Skylines is better, except that it's not the standard.

Post to Skylines first (they'll tell you if you've "used" airspace), then post to OLC!
Forum: Soaring March 28th 20, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
The Decline of Soaring Awards

Hi Bret (and Dan), it's our interest to see if we can get buy in support from the top and introduce the platform as "available to clubs with support from SSA".

COVID19 has disrupted some early...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 20, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
The Decline of Soaring Awards

Hi John, I really empathize with your situation!

From my experience, even the right equipment is not enough for XC success. What's required is a culture, with leadership and mentors, and you might...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 20, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Cross Country Glider Transportation

uship.com I've heard mentioned many times (including my consideration of bringing a glider from Ontario to Alberta). Didn't use them, but heard the company from a few folks.
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 20, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Top Hat or XC Soar and new Samsung Galaxy Devices

I use an old S5, having used previous versions.

Totally happy with it, haven't had noticeable challenges in the sunlight after a few years on this device. Grabbed it off of Kijiji for $60US.

Easy...