Search: Posts made by: Neil
Forum: Soaring November 1st 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Winch launch speed versus height gain

Ok, I could probably arrange with the winch driver to experiment, but is
there any definitive guidance on getting the greatest height off a winch
launch? (eg. Skylaunch).

i.e. if I'm "driven" at...
Forum: Soaring September 5th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Winch launch procedure and accidents

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

You've obviously never been winch launched in a Junior.

When...
Forum: Soaring August 9th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Fixing a camera externally

Have one of these guys hold it for you.

http://alto.nethit.fi/blanik/137.jpg
http://alto.nethit.fi/blanik/122.jpg
http://alto.nethit.fi/blanik/132.jpg

I'd have to admit, John's idea...
Forum: Soaring August 7th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Fixing a camera externally

Is there any simple way to fix a small self-contained "web-camera" to the
wing or tail of my glider?

I have a Tony Hawks Helmet Cam, designed really for skateboarding, and I've
worn it or affixed...
Forum: Soaring February 15th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Flying Gloves

thanks for the good advice, all!

Neil
Forum: Soaring February 12th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
Flying Gloves

Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip" gloves
for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

I'm looking for something with good "feel" and that...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Neil
I Wish Our Website Was As Good As This

I am quite interested in peoples views as this site is an experiment -
it's designed totally for non-gliding people.

The previous version of the site was pretty good, and made my own UK...