Forum: Soaring September 18th 12, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ClearNav Announces OLC Solution for Cambridge 10/20/25 Flight Recorders

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:01:57 PM UTC-5, Evan Ludeman wrote:
ClearNav Instruments is pleased to announce a software solution for

validation and scoring of OLC flights recorded on...
Forum: Soaring June 25th 12, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Golf cart as a tug...

Here's how I geared down my gas cart (1998 Club Car) for use at the airport..

(http://www.cartpartsplus.com/machining-your-driven-clutch.html?osCsid=c2138c772837f67677c85268c3d9c0a9)

It can crawl...
Forum: Soaring June 24th 12, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Golf cart as a tug...

On Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:14:52 PM UTC-5, Bastoune wrote:
Is there a difference between gas and an electric golf carts to tow gliders on the ground at a grass strip? (fuel and electricity are...
Forum: Soaring June 10th 09, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Very Nice Camera for Glider...Stills or HD Video

On Jun 10, 2:56*pm, wrote:
On Jun 10, 2:33 pm, wrote:

On Jun 10, 9:36 am, wrote:

Tom Serkowki had a post on May...
Forum: Soaring June 10th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Very Nice Camera for Glider...Stills or HD Video

On Jun 10, 9:36*am, wrote:
Tom Serkowki had a post on May 14 about this camera. I bought one from
6th St Camera for $373 delivered. *Got a 16 GB SD card from amazon
with a...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 09, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Golf Carts - Electric vs. Gas Revisited

To start with, I have searched the R.A.S. archives for information
regarding the gas vs. electric question. I've also done a fair amount
of research outside of R.A.S. regarding towing with golf...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flight logger for dummies

On May 7, 10:56*am, jeplane wrote:
OK, talk to me like I am a 4 year old:

From A to Z, what do I need to buy to be able to send my flight to
OLC? And how much am I...
Forum: Soaring May 6th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Beginner questions about buying a sailplane...

On May 5, 9:39*am, vic20owner wrote:
No, I am not planning to buy anything for at least a year ... but I
have often wondered what other "hidden" expenses or obstacles...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 09, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider exam prep software?

On Apr 23, 10:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.
wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written...
Forum: Soaring April 14th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stiff rudder

On Apr 14, 9:06*am, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:49*am, Steve Freeman wrote:

My SZD 55 has a very stiff rudder. When the cables are...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 09, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HP310 portrait driver issue

On Apr 1, 7:15*pm, sisu1a wrote:
I'm having difficulty getting the portrait driver to correctly work on
my 310. I've followed the installation and uninstallation...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 09, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 1, 7:15*pm, sisu1a wrote:
I'm having difficulty getting the portrait driver to correctly work on
my 310. I've followed the installation and uninstallation...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 09, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sailcar speed record

On Mar 31, 3:14*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:55:29 +0100, bagmaker wrote:
Not really gliding, but it looks as though the poms have...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Becoming an Official Observer

On Mar 15, 1:50*pm, Wojciech Scigala wrote:
Hello!

What does it take to became a IGC's Official Observer in your country?
Are any courses, trainings, exams organised?...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 09, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
motorgliders as towplanes

On Mar 15, 8:30*am, Bob Cook wrote:
Let me clarify:

The rope itself is in pure tension.

Yes,this tension force applied to the glider, combined with other forces
Forum: Soaring March 15th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Seniors Contest

On Mar 14, 8:02*pm, rlovinggood wrote:
Yea, I believe he won't be competing at Cordele, Georgia, USA, since
he will be the Contest Director. *But even if he did fly...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 09, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Seniors Contest

On Mar 13, 5:58*pm, rlovinggood wrote:
Preliminary Scores have been posted for Friday, 13 MAR. *And an
unlucky Friday the 13th it is, if you fly the expensive super
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 09, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OLC issues

For those who are getting the error message when trying to use google
maps, it might be due to the url. If the url you're using looks like
"www3.onlinecontest.org/...", just remove the "3".
Forum: Soaring February 27th 09, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
52/1 Performance in a 15M ship at half the weight.

On Feb 27, 2:59*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
...and since we're spinning a bit off-topic, here's an update on the
whole "new battery technology" front:

Forum: Soaring February 25th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IGC Online Pilot Survey

On Feb 25, 10:19*am, Mike Ash wrote:
In article ,
*Al Eddie wrote:

At 04:33 25 February 2009, Uncle Fuzzy...
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Howling noise from nose vent

On Feb 20, 10:36*am, wrote:
On Feb 20, 8:35*am, jcarlyle wrote:

Probably what's happening is that the weather sealing around the vent
flap has...
Forum: Soaring February 22nd 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SPOT Tracking Test - Share Page ID's Needed

On Feb 21, 9:26*pm, MarkHawke7 wrote:
I've put together a SPOT tracking webpage capability that may work for
something the size of a standard competition. *It pulls the...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 09, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Howling noise from nose vent

On Feb 20, 7:17*am, toad wrote:
I have a Grob 102 and it's making a very loud noise when flying fast
with the nose vent closed down. *The noise comes from the nose area
and...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 09, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stall recognition and recovery

On Feb 19, 9:17*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Nyal Williams wrote:
I, for one, hope that all accidents are pilot error; we must be able to
depend on our equipment all...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Komet trailer wheel bearings

On Feb 2, 8:05*am, Papa3 wrote:
On Feb 1, 2:09*pm, Dan wrote:

anyone ever re-packed the whell bearings on a Komet trailer?
I don't know when this...