Search: Posts made by: Martin Gregorie
Forum: Soaring March 26th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Growth in soaring

bagmaker wrote:
These are possibly true but I also beleive flight is not as "gee whiz"
as it was when most of us took it up.

The upside is most people who do fly think that flight is limited...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Growth in soaring

Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:11:16 +0000 (UTC),
(Michel Talon) wrote:

Sincerely i don't know. At" Moret sur Loing" (CVVFR) there is absolutely
Forum: Soaring March 21st 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Cloud Flying

wrote:
I would assume that you need to be flying IFR with all the attendant issues
(equipment, talking to ATC, etc...)

of course, and they really aren't "issues"...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Cloud Flying

Erik Braun wrote:
wrote:

Also has anyone been able to climb up the sunny side of a cumulus
cloud? Read somewhere that one famous glider pilot did this and he
Forum: Soaring March 18th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Peschges VP9 audio problem

wrote:
Dear All,
After I have installed my VP9 in the Mini Nimbus from my old glider, I
had a serious problem with the VP9E.
My problem is that after installing the...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
mobile phones

Mike the Strike wrote:
Both text messages and some 911 calls will go through with much weaker
signals than needed to complete a regular call.

There was a good example of this recently in NZ. A...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 07, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Low towing thought

Thanks, guys. I've learnt a lot from this thread: all I hoped to find
out and a lot of other valuable stuff as well. Mainly that, as a
beginner at that game I'm going far too low. I see more...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Low towing thought

I did annual checks about a month ago, when we were encouraged to try
low position on the way up for spin checks. I decided that I like low
tow and will use it in future, but before I do so there's...
Forum: Soaring March 1st 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Libelle Wings

Steve Leonard wrote:
Well, Tim is not entirely right about the Libelle wings.
They ALL have a balsa shear web in the spar. Glasflugel
did phase out the use of balsa as a core material in
Forum: Soaring February 19th 07, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
ICOM battery replacement question - follow-up

Thanks to all who helped on this query.

Following Tim's advice I cracked into the battery pack and found 10
2/3AF, 600 mAh NiCd cells and a small charging circuit. Now I had
something to work...
Forum: Soaring February 13th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
Flying Gloves

Neil wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip" gloves
for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

I'm looking for something with good...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
ICOM battery replacement question

I have a hand held ICOM IC-A3E with a throughly dead battery pack.

In the past I've revived similar packs (e.g. on an HP-25 calculator) by
cracking into the plastic shell of the pack and replacing...
Forum: Soaring February 5th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
water and bladders

bumper wrote:
I've found that not all water is created equal when it comes to "sliming".
When I lived in the North Bay area of California, we had water that was
mostly from Lake Berryessa and...
Forum: Soaring February 3rd 07, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin Gregorie
what features are in the next generation of flight computers

Henryk Birecki wrote:
"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote:

Inertial variometry with instantaneous response and no gust sensitivity.

Do you really think this is possible? How...