Letter to the FAA by Walt Connelly
Before I send my letter to the FAA I'd like to ask if anyone has ever attempted to get them to see the light and end the use of Schweizer hooks on tow planes here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a well known fact and clearly stated in the SSA/SSF and FAA circulars and...
by Walt Connelly Go to last post
146 1,171 Soaring
ILEC SN10B + Oudie For Sale by [email protected]
I upgraded my panel and have an SN10B bundle for sale ... thanks. KK http://www.ebay.com/itm/ILEC-SN10B-Remote-Oudie-/152597295248?hash=item238781f090:g:ztcAAOSw3YJZTTVO&vxp=mtr
6 23 Soaring
Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar by [email protected]
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect. Options seem to range from...
by Bret Hess Go to last post
19 38 Soaring
WTB: Grob 102 by [email protected]
https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/snw/6123599212.html
Today 03:41 AM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
CAI 302 startup noises? by Echo
After powering up today, I noticed something from the 302's speaker that seems new. Could have been there all along and I'm just noticing, but seems odd to me. After the wind up and wind down audio vario sound, maybe 3-5 seconds later, there's a single LOUD tone lasting about one second. The heck...
Today 03:15 AM
by Tom BravoMike Go to last post
1 13 Soaring
1987 Cobra Trailer Brake drum removal by [email protected]
We have a 1987 Cobra Trailer that had its brakes fried. Crew forgot to release brake. Does anyone know how to remove the brake drum? Newer Cobras have a Allen bolt that when removed the entire assembly come off. This trailer does not have that. Any input is helpful. Colin Mead
Adapting medical cannulas to work with an EDS? by Bill G
Has anyone figured this out? I want to be able to have cannulas for all my clients for flying near Aspen, but $8 a pop for someone who may only use it once is pricy. I noticed medical cannulas are only about $2-3. Has anyone figured an way to adapt them to an EDS? Thanks!
by NG[_2_] Go to last post
11 54 Soaring
Trig TT22 transponder issues by Echo
Installed my transponder this off season, passed the transponder check to make it legal. First flight with it yesterday. Called the local controlling agency to check it out. They had nothing on me, but they did once I cycled the transponder off and back on. I then realized that where the "ALT"...
by Echo Go to last post
12 111 Soaring
Shifting Isogonic Lines? by [email protected]
Pretty neat seeing how old this discussion us, and pretty sad to see that people were expecting to have the VOR phased out by 2001. Here we are in 2017 and still use them. Hopefully with the FAA's "NextGen" they have going, maybe we will honestly see the VOR go away in a few more years.
Yesterday 09:24 PM
by Sam Spade Go to last post
1 48 Instrument Flight Rules