New Concept for Sailplane "racing" by Steve Leonard[_2_]
https://www.fai.org/news/new-contest-concept-sailplanes-electric-power?fbclid=IwAR1mW0o-A_Of5VwgpQ-dImjBxJcnwfARnhF0ErFSWfolyhLble-enOfPP9U Camera on, drops newspaper on porch and runs.... Steve Leonard
LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses by [email protected]
Good evening all, Has anyone experienced any problems with polarised sunglasses and LXNav PNA's? If so, could you kindly advise: - The model number - The installed orientation, and - What plane was the screen polarised in, horizontal or vertical? Many thanks! CJ
Smart Phone Software by John Foster
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the...
LXNAV 8000 OAT Incorrect by Deming Gray
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am new to soaring and have acquired a glider with an LXNAV 8000 already installed. I noticed yesterday that the outside temperature (OAT) is incorrect by about 20 degrees F. I placed the probe in a bath of ice water and it read 50 degrees F and responded...
by Nick Hoare[_2_] Go to last post
23 96 Soaring
Space Soaring by CindyB[_2_]
I have it on pretty good authority that Mojave is the place to be tomorrow, if you want to see a really big glider go really, really high..... N202VG. The fellow who pays the bills was hosting dinner in the same cafe where I was served tonight. Pretty cool, since I got to watch the first three...
Today 09:40 AM
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
2 12 Soaring
Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines? by Pete[_9_]
Hey all, I have noticed some gliders have what look like small fuel filters spliced into the tubing prior to avionics. I imagine this is a safeguard to dust, etc entering the avionics. Seems to make sense eventually what's outside is going to get inside.... However, is this necessary? I see a lot...
by krasw Go to last post
10 38 Soaring
Ontario tailwheel instructor - rec permit by Clare Snyder
I am looking for a flight instructor close to the KW Guelph Cambridger area willing and qualified to train me to Rec Permit on tailwheel plane.
Today 06:01 AM
by Clare Snyder Go to last post
0 9 Piloting
FS: DG-200 by [email protected]
Well equipped DG-200 for sale. Price reduced. Even more of a discount for junior or club buyer. https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2957 Glider at Warner Springs , CA. Steve
Dead ZAON PCAS MRX by Evan Dosik
My PCAS MRX went TU a few weeks ago. Since ZAON has been out of business since mid 2013, does anyone have a resource for getting it repaired? Thanks, Evan, LS1-f
by Ron Gleason Go to last post
12 77 Soaring
It's winter .... by AS
..... and contrary to some other recent video suggestions, this one is actually soaring related! :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrnis7-hvJE Uli 'AS'