Search: Posts made by: Tim[_2_]
Forum: Soaring June 5th 12, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
thanks Soaring Magazine

On Jun 4, 9:17*pm, Brad wrote:
I provided soaring magazine with dozens of high quality images shot
from the ground and from the air of the Tetra-15. First flight was 3
Forum: Soaring March 14th 12, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Anyone heading west from the Seniors? TN to KS transport needed

I brought Susan's Alden Ocean Single back from the East Coast strapped
to the top of my first glider/trailer. I used straps and pads. It
definitely helped with recognition as most of the questions at...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 12, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Anyone heading west from the Seniors? TN to KS transport needed

On Mar 13, 12:54*pm, Tony wrote:
Our Rowing Club here in Wichita has purchased a single place rowing
shell in Murfreesboro, TN and are trying to figure out a way to get it
Forum: Soaring February 11th 12, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Attention US Standard Class Pilots

On Feb 10, 9:58*am, Mike the Strike wrote:
SNIP

For once I agree with John Cochrane - differences in pilot skills are
likely to outweigh any small differences in...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 12, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

On Feb 6, 12:25*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:
http://southtahoenow.com/story/02/05/2012/report-glider-crash-heavenl...

I was just in this glider (absolutely gorgeous) last...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 12, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Attention US Standard Class Pilots

On Feb 8, 8:38*am, wrote:
The US competition Rules Committee is considering doing a one time
test of limited handicapping in the Standard Class at the 2012
nationals in...
Forum: Soaring January 28th 12, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
HURRY SPRING HURRY!!

On Jan 26, 6:02*pm, Mike wrote:
Things are getting desperate here on RAS!

Two Words: Club Class!

anyone biting???

EY
Forum: Soaring December 21st 11, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Club Class

On Dec 20, 10:15*am, John Cochrane
wrote:
Dick Johnson often said that Sports Class is the "entry & exit class",
so don't forget about us old duffers that...
Forum: Soaring October 24th 11, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Uvalde Worlds 2012 - trailer + truck help

On Oct 21, 12:46*pm, Steve Leonard wrote:
Steve Leonard
Centrally located and equally far from all good soaring!

Boy, you're not kidding about being central yet far from most...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 11, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Devin kicked out of junior worlds.

SNIP
I agree this perhaps shouldn't be on *r.a.s. Because it absolutely
should have been on the U.S. team website.
SNIP
John Cochrane

Has any official report of this situation been...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 11, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing - Anyone seen/seeing outages?

This post is primarily aimed at Utah and New Mexico pilots who may
have had their Flight Logs messed up by current and ongoing GPS
Testing.

Did Any Utah glider pilots see any affects from the GPS...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

Revised or additional? I couldn't find anything saying the old one was
cancelled. And a flight route breifing through DUATs indicated both WSMR
11-08 and WSMR 11-09 are in effect next week.

Forum: Soaring May 28th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

SNIP
Revised or additional? I couldn't find anything saying the old one was
cancelled. And a flight route breifing through DUATs indicated both WSMR
11-08 and WSMR 11-09 are in effect next...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 11, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

Hooray!

Looks like the Moriarty Super Regional is GO based on the revised
NOTAM found at:

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2011/May/WSMR_11-09_Flight_Advisory.pdf

If I am reading it right...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 11, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

Update on GPS Testing Issue:

The request is now in the proper hands at the DOD (Washington, DC) and
has been presented to DOD by the FAA (!). We have been promised a
reply within two days. It is...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 11, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

On May 21, 11:36*pm, Richard wrote:
On May 20, 7:02*pm, Tim wrote:

Absolutely Richard. Let's see what we can learn/divine so we can see
waht to do....
Forum: Soaring May 21st 11, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

On May 21, 6:49*am, wrote:
On 5/20/2011 9:46 PM, ZL wrote:

I don't remember the previous testing NOTAMS showing such widespread low
level effects. Anyone have any...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
GPS Testing?

On May 20, 8:46*pm, ZL wrote:
Just got a Flight Advisory from the FAA indicating there will be "GPS
Testing" at the White Sands Missile Range this summer....
Forum: Soaring February 19th 11, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
2011 US Sports Class Nationals

On Feb 18, 1:41*pm, hotelalpha wrote:
Should this contest be called the first US Club Class Nationals? *Seehttp://race.chilhowee.com/contestants.html. 65% of the current
Forum: Soaring February 6th 11, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Most numerous sailplane type and model in the world?

On Feb 5, 9:04*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 2/5/2011 6:41 PM, Tim Taylor wrote:

On Feb 5, 7:17 pm, Whiskey *wrote:
On Feb 5,...
Forum: Soaring February 5th 11, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Most numerous sailplane type and model in the world?

On Feb 5, 8:54*am, " wrote:
On Feb 5, 7:20*am, Martin Gregorie
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:55:40 -0800, RRK wrote:
Forum: Soaring February 4th 11, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Most numerous sailplane type and model in the world?

On Feb 4, 9:10*am, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 14:18 04 February 2011, Tim wrote:

Bill Snead

A quick look at the N# registry (I know its an imperfect snapshot at
Forum: Soaring February 4th 11, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
Most numerous sailplane type and model in the world?

On Feb 3, 8:42*pm, " wrote:
Does anyone know what active type, make and model of sailplane is the
most numerous in the world and in the USA?

Bill Snead

A...
Forum: Soaring January 31st 11, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
ASW20 or LS6

On Jan 30, 7:06*pm, binks wrote:
I am looking to purchase my first glider. I have been looking at the
ASW20 and the LS6. Any suggestions on which glider would be the...
Forum: Soaring January 28th 11, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim[_2_]
IGC 13.5m class discussion

On Jan 28, 10:05*am, John Cochrane
wrote:
So where are you going to race a PW5 in a few years? You'll be toast
in 13.5 meter class. The club class is growing and...