Search: Posts made by: Doug
Forum: Soaring October 20th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus 3000 hr fiasco

Is there any word or update on the FAA/Centrair and the 3000 hr limitation?
It's been a looong time.

--
Doug
Forum: Soaring August 13th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Watching the SSA video was like watching videos of 50ish year old women
holding open canopies on 50ish SGS 2-33's for their 50ish husbands. Not
very exciting and certainly not good for promotion...
Forum: Soaring June 27th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus Rudder Cables?

In our case, there was a small crack starting on one of the rudder pedals at
the weld. The area actually looked slightly compressed as though it had been
squeezed in a vise. Still, it would have...
Forum: Soaring June 25th 07, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus Rudder Cables?

Just be aware that the "new" rudder pedals for the AD have a plastic sleeve
that is slightly smaller in diameter than the old one, so the cable may not
slide through it easily when adjusting the...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Dittel 720A repair station?

Does anyone have an address / phone # for a place to repair a Dittel 720A
radio? We're having squelch and transmitting problems.

Located in the USA, east coast.

Thanks,

Doug
Forum: Soaring March 27th 07, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
2007 US Contest Rules

The hearing loss is also attributed to tanks and helicopters. Years ago I
began having almost painful hearing at certain frequencies so I went and had
my hearing checked. The doctor looked at my...
Forum: Soaring March 9th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Low towing thought

And doing it upside down at the same time.

"Graeme Cant" [email protected] wrote in message
5Z wrote:
...snip
Many people begin the exercise...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Flying Gloves

Just google "flying gloves". You'll get quite a selection of good military
gloves.

Doug

"Neil" wrote in message
Does anyone have...
Forum: Soaring January 25th 07, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Slightly Off Topic - Graphics Card - SeeYou 3D

See if you can get hold of older and newer video drivers for the card. Try
them all and you may get lucky. I had to back out to some slightly older
drivers for my GeForce card to get SeeYou...
Forum: Soaring January 17th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
January 2007 pic in SSA calendar

Hey, if the black tape keeps the wings on as well or better than white tape
and you can save a few cents in the process, why not? ;)

"JS" wrote in message...
Forum: Soaring January 6th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus time limit

I'm still curious about the wording in the manuals from across the pond on
the 3k hrs issue. Also, how do you get around the 3k hrs limit in your
country?

Anyone have a...
Forum: Soaring January 6th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
New 304S Sailplane summary now available

What? No all glass cockpit with HUD? ;)

"Tim Mara" wrote in message
the new HpH Glasflugel 304S presentation and...
Forum: Soaring December 30th 06, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus time limit

So I guess we need the equivalent of a class action lawsuit against SN
Centrair to come up with the 3k hr inspection. Anyone know of a good, cheap
law firm in France?

I'm not bumping against the...
Forum: Soaring December 29th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus time limit

It really is hard to believe that a mistranslation will eventually ground 50
gliders. I think more pressure on the FAA is also needed too. Maybe wishful
thinking, but we owners should try...
Forum: Soaring December 29th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Pegasus time limit

And how do we find said owner who inquired about the contradictions, buy
them a one-way ticket to Baghdad, and have him/her join Saddam for a good
old lynching?

Never stick your hand in the mouth...
Forum: Soaring November 8th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
AERODYNAMICS OF GLIDING FLIGHT IN A HARRIS' HAWK

Good one.

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
If the hawk had lice, would it increase his parasite drag?

"Doug Haluza"...
Forum: Soaring November 1st 06, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
What percentage have a power pilot license?

I liked what Mike Goulian (the noted aerobatic pilot) said at a WINGS safety
seminar I attended several years ago. As a first step in safety he told the
300+ crowd of power pilots and 4 glider...
Forum: Soaring October 14th 06, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
New Swan Sailplane Trailer

Do you have a price for the trailer?

"raulb" wrote in message
Hello all,

My associate in Germany, Klaus Fey,...
Forum: Soaring September 19th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Moving SSA? Why?

Was he from San Quentin?

"01-- Zero One" wrote in message
He was not from Hobbs.

-- zero one --
Forum: Soaring September 18th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
SSA crisis effect on Feb convention?

Couldn't have picked a better site than Memphis. You can cry in your beer
on Beale St. while listening to the blues and thinking about the SSA's woes.

wrote in message...
Forum: Soaring September 6th 06, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Doug
Important message for SSA members

Well, maybe they just had computer problems .... Oh yeah, I forgot, we
already covered that several years ago.