2022 SSA Convention? by Dan Daly[_2_]
Things appear to be improving for air travel, borders, vaccination, and I'm wondering if there have been decisions on whether there will be a 2022 Convention, in the spring, and, if yes, its location? The links on the SSA webpage still go to Little Rock 2020 ( I went to both LR conventions, the...
Today 08:28 AM
by Matthew Scutter Go to last post
2 8 Soaring
Discus b lead ballast plates wanted by Dan Cannon
I am trying to locate 3 of the 2.2kg Schempp-Hirth Discus lead ballast plates. Rather unlikely someone is going to have the set and wanting to sell but I figured it's worth a shot. I drilled automotive lead ballast to 10mm but underestimated the limited space up in the nose of the Discus. Turns...
Today 06:32 AM
by NM Go to last post
3 31 Soaring
Seeking tech info on LX7007 by Moshe Braner
I am trying to install an old LX7007 Pro IGC vario/computer in a 2-seat glider. I bought a complete used package including the 2 units in front and 2 in rear and all the cabling. But I am lacking some useful information that I hope somebody here on RAS could help me with. After this model was...
by kinsell Go to last post
12 138 Soaring
SeeYou by Waveguru
As soon as my subscription runs out, the program starts acting up. This really ****es me off. I paid for the program and the fact that they sabotage it to get you to purchase the upgrade is very disappointing. If I don't want the "improvements", the program that I paid for should still work. In my...
by kinsell Go to last post
25 606 Soaring
The Yellow Triangle by Nicholas Kennedy
On many German gliders on the ASI is a yellow triangle. This Yelloe Triangle on my ASw 20 and my LS3a is the factory recommended approach airspeed. This speed is 49 knots. This has bothered me for a long time now, I think the factory did alot of pilots a disservice by putting this, to me anyway,...
by Herbert Kilian Go to last post
42 177 Soaring
US sectional charts online by Moshe Braner
I got an e-mailing from the FAA that said, among other things: New editions of all FAA aeronautical charts are now available for pdf download every 56 days. https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/Digital_Products/vfr/ The previous editions of the sectionals are dated on that page at...
by Scott Manley[_3_] Go to last post
13 39 Soaring
SN10B with Garmin GPS16x-HVS Antenna + remote for sale $800 by John[_36_]
Just lowered price and listed on ebay for pictures. http://ebay.us/2X181Y?cmpnId=5338273189
Yesterday 08:27 PM
by John[_36_] Go to last post
3 35 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Youngblood
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame...
by andy l Go to last post
233 3,826 Soaring