Forum: Piloting April 21st 11, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Redbird's new full-motion, low-cost flight simulator

On Apr 4, 5:19*am, "Brent" wrote:
That is one of the funniest and strangest differences between canadian and
american flight training

It is a required demonstration...
Forum: Owning March 12th 11, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Plane for Short Field, Grass Strip, Beginner?

On Mar 10, 10:27*am, Dave wrote:
OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.....

Check out the Cherokees...

Parts cheaper than Cessnas, and slipping with full flaps (no
Forum: Home Built February 24th 11, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
How many landings will aircraft tires hold?

On Feb 20, 7:38*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

It's...
Forum: Owning February 21st 11, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cessna 150

On Jan 18, 1:31 am, Scott Braddock wrote:
Second, install the winter baffles on the
cowl openings, which prevent a lot of cold air from blasting against the
Forum: Home Built February 21st 11, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
How many landings will aircraft tires hold?

On Jan 27, 5:28*am, Oliver Arend wrote:
I know the answer is "it depends", but let's say you are in a regular
light airplane (C152, C172 ...) with "real" aircraft tires...
Forum: Home Built January 6th 11, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
status of Delta Hawk diesel

On Jan 4, 9:24 am, jan olieslagers
wrote:

Thanks for sharing your opinion - obviously my info was incorrect. As
for "vaporware", I always believed this discipline's...
Forum: Home Built November 29th 10, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Death of the newsgroup.

On Nov 26, 10:03 pm, CaveLamb wrote:

Go to homebuiltairplanes.com and register. We're all over
there now. It's moderated, as it needs to be, no foolishness...
Forum: Home Built November 27th 10, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Death of the newsgroup.

On Nov 25, 7:39*am, gorgon wrote:
I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. *It is now officially dead in
my opinion. *RIP Bob Hoover..may you not turn over in your grave....
Forum: Owning July 11th 10, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

On Jun 26, 4:21 pm, "Mike Spera" wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot...
Forum: Home Built June 14th 10, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

On Jun 13, 7:22*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

Forum: Home Built June 12th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

On Jun 10, 9:50 pm, cavelamb wrote:

What battery?

Did the J1B not have a starter?

Dan
Forum: Home Built June 11th 10, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Knock sensor

On Jun 8, 5:59*am, brian whatcott wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:
Where is the best location to mount a knock detector on a 4 cyl
Continental---(4each,O-470 jugs--314CID...
Forum: Home Built June 11th 10, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

On Jun 7, 8:58*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:27:43 -0400, "Peter Dohm"

wrote:

"cavelamb"...
Forum: Home Built June 4th 10, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

I, too, have always heard that they were well known for extremely docile
handling; and my very limited experience with models as a...
Forum: Home Built May 22nd 10, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Quality of kitplane designs?

On May 21, 7:44*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

btw I saw a really beautifully built RV6 landed a kiss on greaser on
its test flight then go plonk on to its nose as...
Forum: Home Built April 15th 10, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
O200 engine pressure

On Apr 6, 5:00*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:36:32 +0200, Philippe *
wrote:

Hello,

*is anyone may confirm some...
Forum: Home Built March 8th 10, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DIY Two-Stroke Engine

On Mar 6, 2:44 pm, "Morgans" wrote:

If so, when is the last time you saw a direct drive 2 stroke aircraft
engine? Not me.

McCullough made two-stroke opposed...
Forum: Piloting March 2nd 10, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vertical stabilizers

On Feb 28, 5:21 pm, a wrote:

I am clearly missing something here. I use the control surfaces to
roll into a turn, then return them to neutral and trim away the back
Forum: Piloting February 28th 10, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vertical stabilizers

On Feb 27, 2:08 pm, Dallas wrote:

To me, coordinated is coordinated. Sure, there are micro disruptions that
try to produce a yaw that the vertical stabilizer...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vertical stabilizers

On Feb 18, 7:42*pm, "Morgans" wrote:

* * *I agree, at the speeds involved, sweep is all for style, not function.

That said, I have heard many people say that their...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vertical stabilizers

On Feb 18, 2:02*pm, Dallas wrote:
Speaking of below 250 knot aircraft, does it really matter much what shape
they make the vertical stabilizer?

They seem to...
Forum: Home Built February 5th 10, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tail wheels, or is this forum really dead?

On Feb 4, 3:47 pm, wrote:

Who said anything about instability? Not me. Properly handled, pushing
a measuring wheel is dead easy.. I'm saying the measuring wheels and
Forum: Home Built February 4th 10, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tail wheels, or is this forum really dead?

On Feb 3, 7:27*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:48:26 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Feb 2, 7:15*pm,...
Forum: Home Built February 3rd 10, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tail wheels, or is this forum really dead?

On Feb 1, 10:26 am, "
wrote:

Those that think a "negative caster" tail wheel would just flop
sideways, or even swap ends if not restrained are...
Forum: Home Built January 31st 10, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
W&B-Where do you Measure People Positions

On Jan 31, 2:14*pm, "Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)"
wrote:
I'm helping a chapter member do the initial weight measurements on his
plane. I think we have everything...