Search: Posts made by: Delta8
Forum: Soaring January 11th 21, 02:15 AM
Posted By Delta8
I'm a relatively new 20 a driver ( 50 hrs ) but...

I'm a relatively new 20 a driver ( 50 hrs ) but my third flight I intentionally spun it in both directions on purpose with plenty of altitude ( and a parachute ). I would rather know where the edge...
Forum: Soaring November 11th 20, 03:48 AM
Posted By Delta8
I use an I phone/ Foreflight ,Crew Dog Stratux...

I use an I phone/ Foreflight ,Crew Dog Stratux with ear buds and get audio verbal collision avoidance . Also have a glide Ameba set up for conservative 30/1 . AHRS too but needs to be calibrated on...
Forum: Soaring October 27th 20, 12:28 AM
Posted By Delta8
I believe a little more than a quart . I washed...

I believe a little more than a quart . I washed the trailer last month and it still looks great .
Forum: Soaring October 21st 20, 03:01 AM
Posted By Delta8
The perfect brake...

The perfect brake 2:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9frBKmg30Q&ab_channel=EmpireStateStudios
Forum: Soaring October 18th 20, 01:54 PM
Posted By Delta8
I have a lot of time in 1-26's , they have the...

I have a lot of time in 1-26's , they have the effective brake system you mentioned .
But I had the most longest and terrifying off field landing roll in a 1-26.
I had a failed ridge transition and...
Forum: Soaring October 18th 20, 01:17 PM
Posted By Delta8
Something not in the conversation so far .I'm...

Something not in the conversation so far .I'm wondering how much braking a tail skid adds ? I fly off a grass strip and have a tail skid vs wheel ,I've noticed some up elevator after touchdown (...
Forum: Soaring August 15th 20, 02:50 AM
Posted By Delta8
https://www.newscentermaine.com/video/news/local/a...

https://www.newscentermaine.com/video/news/local/as-seen-on-tv/plane-crash-on-lake-winnipesaukee/97-5a66699e-5271-4395-98e8-d2b9f8622326

Ultralight seaplane ? Sank in 60' of water. Sailplane would...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 20, 02:24 AM
Posted By Delta8
Why not enlist the person hooking up the tow rope...

Why not enlist the person hooking up the tow rope to do a check as well ?

Distraction from a checklist isn't hard to understand so adding a second person in the mix might avert disaster. While...
Forum: Soaring June 29th 20, 12:38 AM
Posted By Delta8
So motoring down a ridge is infraction if hikers...

So motoring down a ridge is infraction if hikers are there ?????
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 20, 11:14 AM
Posted By Delta8
Quart https://www.google.com/search?q=quart+&...

Quart

https://www.google.com/search?q=quart+&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j6j0l6.9885j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 20, 12:36 AM
Posted By Delta8
I refinished a Komet trailer 3 yrs ago with Boat...

I refinished a Komet trailer 3 yrs ago with Boat paint . Self leveled and didn't see any roller marks afterwards. Came out great, UV protection as well although about $50.00 a Qt. I sanded first with...
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 20, 11:42 AM
Posted By Delta8
Haha Just ordered a 12v 15 ah Lifpo battery and a...

Haha Just ordered a 12v 15 ah Lifpo battery and a 12v to 5 v converter.
The SLA was powering an old radio yes. I would like to keep using the Stratux with Foreflight . It's also nice to have all the...
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 01:57 PM
Posted By Delta8
My last flight I noticed the cooling fan running...

My last flight I noticed the cooling fan running constantly before I closed the canopy . I believe I have the Pi 3 version . Crew Dog electronics purchase from 2 years ago
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 12:36 PM
Posted By Delta8
Thanks for all the replies ! I was leaning toward...

Thanks for all the replies ! I was leaning toward a 50K bank but now will re think replacing the SLA.
Forum: Soaring June 20th 20, 02:41 PM
Posted By Delta8
Battery question

I would like to build a 5 volt system to run Kobo with Top Hat/GPS as well as power my I phone with ForeFlight and a Stratux receiver for ads-b in . I like the audio collision avoidance that...
Forum: Soaring June 19th 20, 10:52 AM
Posted By Delta8
The most simple effective mouse trap . Use...

The most simple effective mouse trap . Use antifreeze in winter.
Put one in your hangar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 20, 09:18 PM
Posted By Delta8
Talking Ok ...How about unmanned Drones? Have a local...

Ok ...How about unmanned Drones? Have a local teenager under a hood flying remotely.
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 20, 04:16 AM
Posted By Delta8
A question for the Low tow advocates . How do CG...

A question for the Low tow advocates . How do CG hooks fare with low tow? Does the rope tend to pull to one side if some slack develops?

If there's a rope break in a low tow are you not in a worse...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 20, 12:17 PM
Posted By Delta8
Yes but related to being a lazy kid . Our club...

Yes but related to being a lazy kid . Our club has the typical rope setup, Schweizer ring on one end and a Tost ring on the other.

It was a rather busy day and I failed to swap ends. At 2000 ft I...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 20, 01:36 PM
Posted By Delta8
Good point ,maybe reduce the size

Good point ,maybe reduce the size
Forum: Soaring April 16th 20, 11:46 PM
Posted By Delta8
Here's a crazy thought ,I'm sure I'll be burned...

Here's a crazy thought ,I'm sure I'll be burned at the stake for heresy though . Remove or cover the contest letters , leeches will not know who there following except for the distinction in...
Forum: Soaring March 1st 20, 01:12 AM
Posted By Delta8
Well the upside is you can get that Mustang...

Well the upside is you can get that Mustang convertible you always wanted .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2Nd0y5J-Q
Forum: Soaring February 13th 20, 01:17 PM
Posted By Delta8
Looking at the ground track the tow pilot turned...

Looking at the ground track the tow pilot turned right after release and the glider continued straight I understand the tow pilot didn't feel the release ? But the instructor should have had the...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 20, 01:54 PM
Posted By Delta8
Not a glider but a gutsy Ultra light escape...

Not a glider but a gutsy Ultra light escape .
https://www.readersdigest.ca/culture/escape-east-germany/
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 12:59 AM
Posted By Delta8
I seem to recall the use of airbags years ago but...

I seem to recall the use of airbags years ago but haven't heard anything since. Would an airbag be of any use in a "Lawn Dart " Impact ?
Maybe too much G force to overcome ?