Search: Posts made by: Jay Maynard
Forum: Piloting September 16th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Plane & car collide NTSB prilim

On 2008-09-16, Vaughn Simon wrote:
Even with a valid driver's license, you still can't fly an LSA with a known
medical condition that makes it unsafe for you...
Forum: Piloting September 16th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-16, wrote:
How many plausible reasons can you come up with for someone flying
along with freeway traffic then turning against it...
Forum: Piloting September 16th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-16, wrote:
If the last medical was in 1997, and there is no reason to not take a
medical other than the fear of failure, do you...
Forum: Piloting September 15th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Flying Magazine?

On 2008-09-15, F. Baum wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:22*am, Lou wrote:
Does anyone here read Flying magazine? I got an offer from them for 9
issues for $7. Is...
Forum: Piloting September 15th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Medical question (PAD)

On 2008-09-15, Paul kgyy wrote:
In addition to joining AOPA, sign up for their forum. They have a
very helpful medical forum. One of the forum members is Dr. Bruce
Forum: Piloting September 14th 08, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Instructor Effectiveness

On 2008-09-14, Dudley Henriques wrote:
I think I learned more about flying by teaching people to fly than I
could ever have learned in any other venue in aviation.

This is...
Forum: Piloting September 13th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Is it too much to hope for?

On 2008-09-13, Viperdoc wrote:
I would rather get rid of Anthony.

How about both?
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC ...
Forum: Piloting September 13th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-13, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Most students want their instructors to be thorough, concise,
knowledgeable, friendly, and above all, professional at all times....
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 9th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jay Maynard
Mode S transponder display to ATC?

On 2008-09-09, Jon...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 9th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-09, Jon wrote:
1090 if you're one of the bigger operators, or perhaps smaller folks
with deep pockets. UAT is lower cost.

A GTX330 doesn't exactly imply...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 8th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-08, paul kgyy wrote:
On Sep 8, 12:19*pm, Peter wrote:
Does the GTX330 also *receive* the 1090ES data? I believe so. I do
have the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 8th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-08, Peter wrote:
Isn't the USA going to implement ADS-B using the 1090MHz Extended
Squitter - such as can be done with a GTX330?

AIUI, most of the rest of...
Forum: Piloting September 8th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
PING: Alexa Why Pilots of America rocks...

On 2008-09-08, Rich Ahrens wrote:
you're just contributing to the problem you're bitching about.

Not any more. *plonk*
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC ...
Forum: Piloting September 8th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-07, Jim Logajan wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote:
on 9/7/2008 1:04 PM Jay Maynard said the following:
Has he been a flaming asshole troll for that...
Forum: Piloting September 8th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
First off, I'm not defending him. He's quite capable of doing so himself
if he chooses. Holding the same opinion as someone some of the time...
Forum: Piloting September 7th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in...
Forum: Piloting September 7th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a simple
Google search will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

Has he been...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-05, Mike wrote:
The algorithm is part of the ICAO standard, so if other countries aren't
doing this, they are doing so outside the standard.

Uhm...since the US...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-05, Mike wrote:
"Jay Maynard" wrote in message
Not directly, but I got curious to see how it was assigned, and started
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-05, Thomas Borchert wrote:
In the US, the tail number is assigned an 8-digit octal number to be used as
the flight ID algorithmically by the FAA.
Hmm....
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-05, Thomas Borchert wrote:
Mode S transponder have the option of setting a flight ID or the tail
number in a data field designated for that info. This is...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 2008-09-05, Bob Noel wrote:
In article Pe%[email protected], "Mike" wrote:
I'm not sure what "system" or "field" you're...
Forum: Piloting August 23rd 08, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
XM question for Garmin 396/496 owers

On 2008-08-23, John Smith wrote:
That's because you have your 496 mounted in the dock in your panel.
I use a RAM suction cup mount to place the 496 within 12-inches of my
Forum: Piloting August 23rd 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2008-08-23, Kyle Boatright wrote:
What are the weather overlay capabilities of these units? Can you overlay a
radar map on top of your airspace map? Across a route...
Forum: Piloting August 22nd 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Maynard
Fun toy to have

On 2008-08-22, Neil Gould wrote:
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
I mis-remembered the story I quoted. The actual story was the 35% of
new Windows computers are downgraded...