Search: Posts made by: Mike[_8_]
Forum: Soaring June 26th 11, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
FAI Handicapped Class Offered at Region 12 Inyokern Meet

On Jun 24, 9:51*pm, WaltWX wrote:
Western U.S Racing pilots.... Let's fly together in the FAI
Handicapped Class at Inyokern!

Practice: 8/27/2011 Saturday (w/evening pilots...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 11, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
GPS Testing?

On May 21, 10:36*pm, Richard wrote:
On May 20, 7:02*pm, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 8:46*pm, ZL ...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 11, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
GPS Testing?

On May 21, 9:56*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
OMG, Dave, you might have to buy a sectional chart!

Not really - you can see everything from everywhere down here.

"ZL"...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 11, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Congratulations to Sarah Kelly-Arnold at USA Sports Class Nationals

On May 13, 6:00*am, Mike wrote:
Hey, is this the first US national champion of the fairer sex?
Congratulations in any case!

No, Liz Schwenkler won the Open Class in 2006.
Forum: Soaring April 28th 11, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
A few items for sale

Winter vario is sold.

LNav ts sold

Still have the Terra TRT 250D Transponder
Forum: Soaring April 27th 11, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
A few items for sale

Terra is a TRT 250D with the gas display.
Forum: Soaring April 27th 11, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
A few items for sale

LNav Version 5.7 with 2.25" vario.-$475.00 (upgrade to 5.8 is $75.00).

Terra 240D Transponder with alt. encoder. Yellow tagged two years ago
and used for about 250 hours since- $650.00

Winter 5...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 11, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Laister LP-49 TE and polar info

On Apr 23, 8:08*pm, Jim Meade wrote:
I have a Laister LP-49 and am looking for a polar graph for it. *I
would also like to talk to anyone who has added a total energy...
Forum: Soaring April 18th 11, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
XcSoar and Cambridge

" Does XcSoar create an igc file the OLC will accept?"

XCSoar is still on the approved software list.
Forum: Soaring April 15th 11, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Tasman Vario on Static

On Apr 14, 4:56*pm, Tony wrote:
On Apr 14, 4:43*pm, kevin anderson wrote:

On Apr 14, 4:41*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:

Forum: Soaring April 1st 11, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Brief review of Android XCSoar on the Streak 5 and LK8000 on theMIO 400

On Apr 1, 12:07*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Mike wrote:
Today I tested the Bluetooth connectivity between the Streak and LX
Nano. *Appears to work...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 11, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Brief review of Android XCSoar on the Streak 5 and LK8000 on theMIO 400

On Mar 31, 2:29*pm, Max Kellermann wrote:
Mike wrote:
Just received a Streak 5, updated to Froyo and installed XCSoar for
Android, and thought I...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 11, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Brief review of Android XCSoar on the Streak 5 and LK8000 on the MIO 400

Just received a Streak 5, updated to Froyo and installed XCSoar for
Android, and thought I would compare it to the MIO 400 with LK8000
that I used last year and give a quick review.

First of all, if...
Forum: Soaring March 22nd 11, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
OLC download limit

On Mar 22, 7:54*am, Andy wrote:
Today I tried to download just 3 flight logs from OLC. I could not
because OLC reported I had reached my download limit for the day.

Forum: Soaring February 18th 11, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
US Rules for 2011

On Feb 17, 5:00*pm, wrote:
On Feb 17, 5:33*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:

John -

I just saw...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 11, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Short review of the Dell Streak with XCSoar

On Feb 9, 5:03*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Mike wrote:
Look forward to your report when the sun returns, Max.

The spring is coming now!

Streak...
Forum: Soaring February 7th 11, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Cheap tiny video cameras - what works best?

On Feb 6, 4:57*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:11:19 -0800, Chris Nicholas wrote:
I have three of these 808 cameras, bought with Christmas...
Forum: Soaring February 5th 11, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Possible Android Tablet?

On Feb 5, 8:11*am, jsbrake wrote:
Just saw an article in the Toronto Star newspaper about a student-
oriented tablet running Android that should be coming to Canada this
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 11, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Sisu Polar Data?

On Feb 2, 2:12*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 11, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Short review of the Dell Streak with XCSoar

On Feb 1, 8:59*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Hi, * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have decided to buy a Dell Streak 5" for XCSoar, replacing my old
iPaq hx4700. *It runs...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 11, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Moriarty Club Class Contest

On Jan 30, 11:59*am, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On Jan 30, 11:35*am, Mike wrote:

Online registration is not open for the Moriarty Club Class Contest
Forum: Soaring January 30th 11, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 30, 11:35*am, Mike wrote:

Online registration is not open for the Moriarty Club Class Contest
Forum: Soaring January 30th 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Moriarty Club Class Contest

Online registration is not open for the Moriarty Club Class Contest
being held in June.

Mike
Forum: Soaring January 18th 11, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
Military GPS testing started yesterday on the west coast...

On Jan 17, 7:23*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Matt Herron Jr." wrote in...
Forum: Soaring January 17th 11, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike[_8_]
LK8000 v2.0 released today

On Jan 17, 11:25*am, tstock wrote:
You will find additional info about the M400 and various other PNA
tested with LK8000 on the forum atwww.postfrontal.com

For the...