Search: Posts made by: Cats
Forum: Soaring November 5th 14, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Soaring club billing software

I am Treasurer of a large club and we use Sage 50. However we also have a bespoke front-end which deals with the flying side of thing and creates files which are posted to debit member's accounts -...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 12, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
How do I download flight trace with Erixx GPS recorder?

On May 31, 4:52*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
snip

Any logger will need specific drivers and software.
snip

Not necessarily true. The Ew MicroRecorder plugs in with a...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 12, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
IGC Changes that would affect flyWithCE Flight Recorder (in agood way)

I decided to see how much a FlyWithCE would cost in the UK, and the UK
supplier (according to the FlyWithCE website) doesn't list the new
DR300 on their website. :(
Forum: Soaring March 9th 12, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

Out of curiosity, how does the brightness of the new Oudie compare to
a Clearnav?
Forum: Soaring February 28th 12, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Oudie / EW Microrecorder

On Feb 28, 4:59*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
"Cats" wrote in message

Can the Oudie...
Forum: Soaring February 28th 12, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Oudie / EW Microrecorder

Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? I know SoaringPilot can!
Forum: Soaring December 14th 11, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Best Club class glider

On Dec 14, 6:08*am, Hagbard Celine wrote:
You're fortunate that you live in the U.K.; a tiny country with a lot
of gliders. This means you have a lot more choice and it'll...
Forum: Soaring December 14th 11, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Best Club class glider

Some of the older (101) Pegs have a self-connecting elevator, which is
a feature that's well worth having. AFAIK it was a feature added
towards the date when they switching to the 90.

It also never...
Forum: Soaring December 13th 11, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Best Club class glider

On Dec 12, 8:13*pm, David Reitter wrote:
snip

Be aware of the lifetime limits on the Pegase. *You don't list it, but
if you're considering an Astir, there's an...
Forum: Soaring July 13th 11, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
tow rope brake practice crash, what can we learn...

On Jul 12, 3:11*am, Tony V wrote:
snip

Forgot point number 3. You can't just point the nose down and start your
turn back to the airport. You have to wait until...
Forum: Soaring August 23rd 10, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Winch Launch - Can it pull your wings off?

On Aug 22, 9:09*am, Chris Nicholas wrote:
We had a Foka 4 at my club in the 1970s, with this sort of expanding
bolt.

My recollection is that the owners used to count...
Forum: Soaring August 12th 10, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Flarm in the US

On Aug 12, 5:21*am, Eric Greenwell wrote:
snip

Did you turn off the power, or just press the "mute" button?
snip

I hope he pressed the mute button. If he turns the...
Forum: Soaring June 21st 10, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Parowan midair?

On Jun 21, 3:27*pm, Mike Schumann
wrote:
snip

FLARM is useless unless everyone is equipped. *

So surely is ADS-B?
Forum: Soaring June 21st 10, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Parowan midair?

On Jun 21, 7:04*am, Derek C wrote:
snip
It is not a substitute for keeping a good look out!

FLARM that is. Of course not, and the Flarm website is very clear
about...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 10, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Use of weak links

On Jun 7, 3:41*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:54:50 +0200, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 05:20:48 -0500, brian whatcott
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 10, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Altimeter Setting

On Jun 2, 2:36*pm, Tom wrote:
snip

Yesterday, there was a very close near-miss with a glider and
commercial jet descending for a landing. The club where the glider
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 10, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Altimeter Setting

On Jun 2, 12:39*pm, "
wrote:
snip

BTW * "" double quotes"" would look like this *"quotes" look like
this.......LOL

No, those are double...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 10, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Use of weak links

On Jun 2, 9:43*am, Paul wrote:
Currently the club that I am part of don't seem to be too concerned about
the safety aspects of using the correct weak links for winch...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 10, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Altimeter Setting

On Jun 2, 11:27*am, "
wrote:
snip

Of course all the "experts" say that glider landing, especially off
field landing, MUST be done by "visual...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 10, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Altimeter Setting

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. I was taught not to use it for
landing but to judge the circuit by eye - after all I might land in a
field at a completely different altitude. (it read -500'...
Forum: Soaring May 10th 10, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
When did the OLC rules change on submission?

On May 6, 4:08*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 5/6/2010 1:33 AM, Tim Taylor wrote:

Just went to post a flight on OLC and I am too late only two days
after the flight....
Forum: Soaring April 11th 10, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
In search of Pegasus Rudder Pedals

On Apr 3, 3:55*am, AJM wrote:
Before we order a new set for a Pegasus that hasn't been flown in a
number of years, does anyone happen to have a set of the reinforced
Forum: Piloting February 10th 10, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
If all midair collisions were eliminated...

On Feb 10, 1:35*pm, Tom De Moor
wrote:
snip
In Germany the speed on the autobahn is unlimited,
snip

Quite a lot of the autobahn does have speed limits, and...
Forum: Soaring February 8th 10, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
boulder mid-air

On Feb 8, 1:54*pm, John Smith wrote:
snip

BTW, some may argue that passengers wouldn't jump anyway. This has been
proven wrong. One ore two years ago, there was a...
Forum: Soaring August 27th 09, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Cats
Replacing Interior Glider Pockets?

On Aug 26, 10:28*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
I own a DG and the interior pockets are quickly becoming less like
pockets and more like tubes without bottoms...if you know what I...