Search: Posts made by: Jay Honeck[_2_]
Forum: Owning March 5th 10, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Well done and congrats to you Jay, your family and staff.

Better news! We've sold the business to Tony & Julie Weber, two local
pilots who will continue the tradition of lodging excellence for...
Forum: Piloting March 5th 10, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Well done and congrats to you Jay, your family and staff.

Better news! We've sold the business to Tony & Julie Weber, two local
pilots who will continue the tradition of lodging excellence for...
Forum: Home Built March 5th 10, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Well done and congrats to you Jay, your family and staff.

Better news! We've sold the business to Tony & Julie Weber, two local
pilots who will continue the tradition of lodging excellence for...
Forum: Piloting February 28th 10, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Interesting. When I first saw your news I assumed you were expanding into
the start of an aviation
themed hotel chain!

Well, if it doesn't sell, we'll be doing just that.

My fear is that...
Forum: Piloting February 28th 10, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

But do you have a mix of customers down there, too? I haven't checked the
region you're moving to, but isn't this mostly tourism? In Iowa, IIRC, you
have the stadium, hospital, the city...
Forum: Piloting February 25th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

So Jay, ya still think Bush's invasion of Iraq was a good idea??

In the long run, yes. Why do you ask?

As long as you've brought up the topic of war, Afghanistan, on the other
hand, is...
Forum: Owning February 25th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

So Jay, ya still think Bush's invasion of Iraq was a good idea??

In the long run, yes. Why do you ask?

As long as you've brought up the topic of war, Afghanistan, on the other
hand, is...
Forum: Home Built February 25th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

So Jay, ya still think Bush's invasion of Iraq was a good idea??

In the long run, yes. Why do you ask?

As long as you've brought up the topic of war, Afghanistan, on the other
hand, is...
Forum: Piloting February 25th 10, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

what brought you to this decision, if I may ask? family? climate? economy
in Iowa? need a new challenge? some from all?

All of the above. I've been trying to convince Mary that we should move...
Forum: Home Built February 24th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Hey Jay
cannot believe you are still on here, I was just dropping by, been off the
group for a long time. I see you still have your pathfinder. Anyways,
congrats on your new place.

Thanks,...
Forum: Owning February 24th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Hey Jay
cannot believe you are still on here, I was just dropping by, been off the
group for a long time. I see you still have your pathfinder. Anyways,
congrats on your new place.

Thanks,...
Forum: Piloting February 24th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Thanks for the tip, Dallas!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Thanks for the tip, Dallas!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Thanks for the tip, Dallas!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Woo hoo! Congratulations.

How far from the airport is it?

Less than a mile. Sadly, not adjacent, like we are in Iowa City -- but
"adjacent" on Mustang Island would put you in the...
Forum: Piloting February 24th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Does this mean that your hotel in Iowa is closing, or are you going to be
operating two separate hotels, one in Iowa and one in Texas?

Although we seriously considered keeping both hotels, the...
Forum: Home Built February 24th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Does this mean that your hotel in Iowa is closing, or are you going to be
operating two separate hotels, one in Iowa and one in Texas?

Although we seriously considered keeping both hotels, the...
Forum: Owning February 24th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

Does this mean that your hotel in Iowa is closing, or are you going to be
operating two separate hotels, one in Iowa and one in Texas?

Although we seriously considered keeping both hotels, the...
Forum: Owning February 22nd 10, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

hmmm, so Jay, will this possibly mean you'll get
your instrument rating?

Sure, Bob -- I'll do that in my "spare time"... :-)

Seriously, down there it might actually be useful, even in the...
Forum: Owning February 22nd 10, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

You might be better off making it a windsurfing/aviation theme hotel.
(not
kidding) You'll see why when you get there.

We've been there three times in the last year. I know the island is...
Forum: Owning February 21st 10, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Some good news to my old friends here at rec.aviation

I'm not sure if there are any folks left here from "the Golden Age of
Rec.Aviation", but -- just in case -- I would like to share some great news
with y'all.

For those who don't know, back in 2002...
Forum: Home Built November 17th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Anyone got a source...

Not exactly, but it's as close to "RV artwork" that I've seen.

It's all I could find. I'm assuming you want this for your hotel?

Sort of. Behold, our new "RV Suite":...
Forum: Home Built November 16th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Anyone got a source...

The RV guys are probably out FLYING and don't have time to be bothered
with artwork ;)

You're probably right!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

Not exactly, but it's as close to "RV artwork" that I've seen.

What is it with RVs that NO ONE is painting anything artistic for/about
them? ...
Forum: Home Built November 12th 09, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jay Honeck[_2_]
Anyone got a source...

Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.) featuring
the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I can't...