Tapered pins (again) by [email protected]
Helped the new owner beat his 27 together, last Sunday.............he looked shocked when I suggested he "taper" at least one pin. Nothing too severe, just 15 degrees and only on the part that extends out the back side of both spars. Found a 40mm pin in the barn from K-21 and it has 5 degree taper...
Today 07:42 PM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
9 19 Soaring
Used parachute wanted by Valentin Mayamsin
Hi! I'm buying my first glider and it doesn't come with parachute. I'm looking to buy a used parachute no older than 15 years. North California.
Today 07:10 PM
by Valentin Mayamsin Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
Opening for May Winch Class at Eagle Field by Karl Striedieck[_2_]
There is one slot open May 5,6 for someone looking for a combination winch launch sign off and introduction to off field landing course here in central Pa. The class size has been reduced by one (to three) to allow more flexibility in dodging adverse weather (severe winds, precip, low clouds)....
FAA written exam for gliders by John Foster
I'm about to start flying lessons, and have read through the FAA-published text on glider flying. I have been advised to get the written exam out of the way before lessons, so I can focus on the flying aspect. I have been going through practice questions online, but there are many questions that...
Wanting to start a new glider club by John Foster
Hi everyone I just started glider flying lessons and I'M HOOKED!!! Unfortunately, the closest glider club is 3:45 hr drive away. I also live in an area that looks to me to be perfect for ridge soaring, with a range of mountains facing the west that runs for at least 85 miles, and possibly...
by 2G Go to last post
16 39 Soaring
GROB 103 FS by John Seaborn (A8)
Soaring Society of Boulder is selling our GROB 103 Twin II. The glider was completely reconditioned in 2016 and all known AD/TN have been complied with including the expensive 6000-hour inspection. This 103 has a high useful load over 400lbs. An excellent trainer and easy to fly this GROB is more...
Today 04:14 PM
by g[email protected] Go to last post
3 37 Soaring
OUDIE by [email protected]
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas? GLEN
Today 04:01 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
9 31 Soaring
1-26 in Condor by Chris Wedgwood[_2_]
Hi all. The 1-26E for Condor 2 is well advanced, should be released in a couple of months. I need some help. Looking for cockpit decals/placards. Ideally a graphic file rather than a photo, but if the photo is good, then that would help. You should be able to email me at the address given above,...
Today 12:39 PM
by Chris Wedgwood[_2_] Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
Caution -- InReach Explorer Dead by [email protected]
Saturday I updated the software in my InReach Explorer, topped off the battery after winter storage, and reactivated my account. I sent a test message, and Yesterday I took my first flight of the year. Before takeoff I turned on the device, started tracking, and shared my flight with my wife. ...
Today 12:16 PM
by xcnick Go to last post
5 29 Soaring
carbon fiber wing wheel dolly by gonz
nice design for this wing wheel dolly carbon fiber texalium shock absorber easy to use watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXBxx9ys_Y
Oxygen Cart Picture Needed (Glider) by OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Does anyone have a picture of an oxygen cart that is in use around a gliderport? I am giving a speech TONIGHT (April 23) on glider oxygen systems and would like to include a picture of such. I want to emphasize the idea of the "low" pressure tank initial fill followed by the topping off from...
Today 01:44 AM
by 2G Go to last post
4 21 Soaring
International Gliding Commission by [email protected]
Here's a debatable subject few appreciate. For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a recipient from. ( ? ? ?)
Today 12:50 AM
by Tango Eight Go to last post
6 50 Soaring
Phoebus A as a first glider by John Foster
What are your thoughts regarding the Phoebus A as a first glider for a low-time pilot who received their training in a 2-33? I have the opportunity to acquire a Phoebus for a very good price from the club that I'm training with, but it has not flown in over 15yrs. No one knows of any obvious...