Search: Posts made by: Eric Greenwell
Forum: Soaring September 20th 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Progress

On 9/18/2010 7:23 PM, Tony wrote:
On Sep 18, 5:49 pm, wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. I still think the MNAV vario was very nice and I
never felt quite as good...
Forum: Soaring September 19th 10, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/19/2010 8:13 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sep 15, 6:02 pm, Eric wrote:

I anticipate getting one next year, but since I already have a
transponder...
Forum: Soaring September 18th 10, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
soaring video with Flarm in use

On 9/17/2010 2:38 PM, Brad wrote:
On Sep 17, 2:25 pm, Chris wrote:

Nevertheless, I find it very valuable, and these elements of
variability do not make...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 10, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/17/2010 12:58 PM, John Smith wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:
I'm not sure they would consider this, as the problem isn't the FCC
but definitely their fear of those insane US liability...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 10, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/17/2010 12:02 PM, John Smith wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:
Perhaps they could get an FCC waiver to use Flarm in the Worlds task
area, and allow Flarm to work in the task area (and nowhere...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 10, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/17/2010 11:17 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 9/17/2010 8:45 AM, cernauta wrote:
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:06:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

If a "European" FLARM is...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 10, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/17/2010 8:45 AM, cernauta wrote:
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:06:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

If a "European" FLARM is brought to US, and auto frequency...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 10, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
PiK 20E and 30

On 9/16/2010 12:10 PM, key wrote:
Does anyone out there have experience with the PiK20E and/or PiK30?
What can you tell me about their performance as a sailplane and about
the reliability of...
Forum: Soaring September 15th 10, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
FLARM Technology for the US Gliding Community

On 9/15/2010 12:19 PM, Andy wrote:
On Sep 15, 11:25 am, wrote:

We would probably have at east one pilot alive today if the FCC
approved those units earlier.
Forum: Soaring September 12th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
7" Silentflight computer coming soon

On 9/12/2010 9:36 AM, wrote:
Yea I know its blatant spam but everyone else does it.

initial Pic's here..
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279827717785&v=photos

Forum: Soaring September 9th 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Caution - Arizona Airspace and Borders

On 9/9/2010 9:02 AM, Mike the Strike wrote:
One major message, though, is to take the warnings on the files
seriously - do NOT use them for navigation purposes! That's what
charts are for.
Forum: Soaring September 8th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
New ASK-14 website

On 9/8/2010 6:31 AM, Dan wrote:
On Sep 7, 4:32 pm, ASK-14 wrote:

I attend the June 2010 ASK-14 Meet in Nastaetten Germany and had a
fantastic time. Fortunately, we...
Forum: Soaring September 7th 10, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Spot 2 : OK interrupts tracking.

If you put it back in Track mode, does that cancel the remaining
attempts to send the OK message?

On 9/6/2010 3:39 PM, Ramy wrote:
I usually notice 30 min delay until spot switches back to...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 10, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
problems with downloading flights from 302

On 9/2/2010 6:07 PM, T8 wrote:
On Sep 2, 8:23 pm, wrote:

I don't see any reference to a CAI file not do I think the 302 can
produce one.

Right,...
Forum: Soaring September 1st 10, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Just pull the little red handle!

On 9/1/2010 8:48 AM, Surfer! wrote:

"Ramy" wrote in message
snip
I believe
the biggest...
Forum: Soaring August 31st 10, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Just pull the little red handle!

On 8/31/2010 10:54 AM, Ramy wrote:
On Aug 30, 12:35 pm, John
wrote:

Little red handle anyone?
JJ

If I could put one in my...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 10, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Getting rid of the bugs and gotchas!

On 8/28/2010 7:06 AM, akiley wrote:
It's a GlobalSat BR-355 which I think is referred to as a mouse style
GPS that plus into the bottom of my iPaq 3700. If it was always
loosing a signal I...
Forum: Soaring August 27th 10, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Getting rid of the bugs and gotchas!

On 8/26/2010 7:16 PM, akiley wrote:

I mean clear the winds totally in SeeYou then enter the official winds
aloft forecast. Maybe SeeYou does a better job, I haven't really
tested this. I...
Forum: Soaring August 25th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
required LD versus required MC to make it home

On 8/24/2010 9:32 PM, Ramy wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:16 pm, Darryl R
But honestly, I don't understand how many of you fly XC safely if you
don't degrade your polar. How do you determine you are...
Forum: Soaring August 25th 10, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Getting rid of the bugs and gotchas!

On 8/24/2010 7:53 PM, akiley wrote:
On Aug 24, 12:08 am, Eric wrote:

I've used SeeYou Mobile for 1000+ hours all over the USA, and I'm not
aware...
Forum: Soaring August 25th 10, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Glider Batteries and Chargers

On 8/24/2010 6:07 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I would, however, take issue over there being many RC chargers without a
float mode. I've not yet seen a multi-chemistry charger that didn't have
Forum: Soaring August 25th 10, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On 8/24/2010 4:11 PM, Morgans wrote:
"Eric wrote

The Pro-Peak appears to be identical to the Multiplex LN5014 that I
already have. I like the...
Forum: Soaring August 24th 10, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Getting rid of the bugs and gotchas!

On 8/23/2010 8:17 AM, akiley wrote:
Well, I've flown long enough to know not to trust electronics. I have
600 power hours using all sorts of navigators. Funny, when you use a
Garmin 396 on a...
Forum: Soaring August 24th 10, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On 8/23/2010 5:38 PM, Tony V wrote:

What I would like is an effective way to measure battery capacity -
that doesn't cost more than the charger.
I like the CBA for discharge tests...
Forum: Soaring August 24th 10, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Eric Greenwell
12 volt input chargers

On 8/23/2010 5:04 PM, SoaringXCellence wrote:
I have a Triton (first generation) multi-mode charger that will charge
NiCad, NiMH, LiPoly and SLA. It will cycle and record capacity and
both the...