Search: Posts made by: POPS
Forum: Soaring July 1st 20, 09:37 PM
Posted By POPS
This suit looks really great, the best part about...

This suit looks really great, the best part about it is.... it has a 'PEE-FLY!
Forum: Soaring October 26th 18, 12:48 AM
Posted By POPS
Noooooo, don't tell me you don't have that Urban...

Noooooo, don't tell me you don't have that Urban Assault Vehicle rust patina hood any more? Your calling card is gone! You're just another joe in the crowd.
Well, at least the interior's...
Forum: Soaring October 23rd 18, 01:26 PM
Posted By POPS
Yo, that's a great pic log. I know you said...

Yo, that's a great pic log. I know you said you'd never do it, but when your all finished you could roll your old trusty-rusty all-terrain tow vehicle in there, hook it onto that lazy-susan...
Forum: Soaring September 20th 18, 09:44 PM
Posted By POPS
Geeeezzzzzz, get WhatsApp, Skype, whatever......

Geeeezzzzzz, get WhatsApp, Skype, whatever... so you can talk for freeeeeeeee, or until you pass out.
Forum: Soaring July 26th 18, 06:58 AM
Posted By POPS
This style: Attached with hot glue. Why hot...

This style: Attached with hot glue. Why hot glue? So the next guy can peel it off and roll off the glue with pressure from a rubber door stopper, if he's a Felix type and can't handle the look of...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 18, 08:51 PM
Posted By POPS
Well.... I didn't use spray foam because of the...

Well.... I didn't use spray foam because of the permanence of it and once you pull the trigger you are not going to be able to clean up the potential of a horrific mess.
I did however line the entire...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 18, 06:34 PM
Posted By POPS
Here ya go, a visual on a decent enough trailer...

Here ya go, a visual on a decent enough trailer set up. Not in this setup, but the wings are often crisscrossed in the trailer with the Phoebus for some reason, which adds a little bit of monkey...
Forum: Soaring April 14th 18, 06:34 AM
Posted By POPS
Phoebus, fun plane in 10 easy steps! 1. Go to...

Phoebus, fun plane in 10 easy steps!
1. Go to phoebus.vassel as directed and read everything written on the
Phoebus, and then watch all the videos Bruno made flying the ship, you'll
get...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 17, 04:39 AM
Posted By POPS
Like a tuna .... fillet it off with a NEW razor...

Like a tuna .... fillet it off with a NEW razor blade, the ones used in utility knifes. Easy. Liquid vise grips, vise grips and epoxy, nothing more needed in this world.
Forum: Soaring July 25th 17, 05:34 AM
Posted By POPS
3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 Fast Cure white...

3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 Fast Cure white or black, it's thicker than tooth paste.
Clean gelcoat, sand gelcoat with anything, 120 is good. Tape it off. Don't make a mess. 5200 likes to get...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 17, 04:45 PM
Posted By POPS
This question led me to some interesting reading....

This question led me to some interesting reading. http://ozreport.com/data/WhyMicroliftSoaring.pdf
Forum: Soaring April 17th 17, 04:27 PM
Posted By POPS
Soaring pilots that are actually getting out...

Soaring pilots that are actually getting out somewhere in the neighborhood and making it happen is what I meant to say.
Forum: Soaring April 17th 17, 04:20 PM
Posted By POPS
Hello glider pilots in Anchorage area...

Is anyone flying sailplanes in or around the Anchorage area? I'm familiar with all the CAP activity here, but any true soaring pilots anywhere around?

SEL,glider,tailwheel,tow,...
Forum: Soaring February 28th 17, 04:11 AM
Posted By POPS
You're right, 'released rudder' doesn't make...

You're right, 'released rudder' doesn't make sense, I meant released the extreme crab angle returning to straight ahead alignment just before flairing. The yaw string never was straight during my...
Forum: Soaring February 27th 17, 06:47 AM
Posted By POPS
Yaw string and coordination in big Xwind landings...

Yaw string and coordination in big Xwind landings is my question, with a real life experience that happened to me... I still wonder if I did the right thing 3 years ago. Could someone in the know...
Forum: Soaring October 28th 16, 08:14 PM
Posted By POPS
Pictures sent..

Pictures sent..
Forum: Soaring October 25th 16, 03:27 AM
Posted By POPS
I could send pictures of what ever you need. How...

I could send pictures of what ever you need. How do you do that?
Forum: Soaring October 21st 16, 05:00 PM
Posted By POPS
Do what I do. Put your licensed motorcycle on a...

Do what I do.
Put your licensed motorcycle on a ramp on the FRONT of your RV, you can drive into town with your license plated bike when you need to, like when you are off on back country mountain...
Forum: Soaring October 16th 16, 09:16 PM
Posted By POPS
Click-it ...

Click-it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yuZ3UBuNoQ
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 16, 06:32 AM
Posted By POPS
Ok so, 1. With a self-launch endorsement and all...

Ok so,
1. With a self-launch endorsement and all my glider flight time CAN I legally fly LSA aircraft without getting the LSA licence. What about Canada. I need to get through Canada to get to...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 16, 07:01 PM
Posted By POPS
Glider rating to LSA rating

What does one need to do if going from a glider rating with no self-launch endorsement, into the LSA rating, and not get trapped at 10,000MSL. I could easily get the self-launch endorsement if...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 16, 03:56 PM
Posted By POPS
Could you explain what information, useful or...

Could you explain what information, useful or otherwise you getting from doing this.

Thanks
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 15, 04:12 AM
Posted By POPS
Rocket launch system ...

With a little extra engineering .... take it full size. Add in the self contained rubber energy system as a sustainer, and you've got it all.... It's the...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 15, 01:52 AM
Posted By POPS
Chevy's... G20's $4000 finds really nice ones...

Chevy's... G20's $4000 finds really nice ones...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 15, 01:48 AM
Posted By POPS
You better believe it!!! Speaking from...

You better believe it!!! Speaking from experience .....