Search: Posts made by: Karl Striedieck[_2_]
Forum: Soaring February 25th 20, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ground Launch Training - Winch and Auto

At Eagle Field in central Pa we offer five winch launch classes per year.

See karlstriedieck.com

A side benefit is the exposure to the challenging approach and landing conditions which pilots...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 20, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Ritter ifo

On Monday, February 17, 2020 at 8:30:12 PM UTC-5, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have contact info for Dave Ritter, ASW-20 owner and former PSU student(until about 2016)?

He set up...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 20, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mecaplex canopy window lube

It's not difficult to remove the two tracks and siding window, and then clean the tracks, swab some vaseline in the tracks and reassemble.

KS
Forum: Soaring February 18th 20, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Ritter ifo

Anyone out there have contact info for Dave Ritter, ASW-20 owner and former PSU student(until about 2016)?

He set up the Mifflin Soaring Asso. website which went MIA and we need his help in...
Forum: Soaring February 7th 20, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Aero Club Albatross | Risky Ridges! | Seminar Videos

If anyone would like a copy of the notes that go with "Good Ridge Gone Bad" send a request to: karls at uplink.net
Forum: Soaring January 18th 20, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Schleicher cockpit

Since retiring from Schleicher Gerhard and Tilly have lived in Bavaria in the Alps. He is still his ebullient self and stays active with OSTIV, although he hasn't flown for years.

The extra kilos...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 20, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Schleicher cockpit

I called Waibel a couple weeks ago to chat and congratulate him for the Lilienthal medal he recently received from OSTIV for his leadership in making gliders more crash resistant. The curved rear...
Forum: Soaring January 17th 20, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Women's Worlds

Sarah had her hands full with those two French pilots. They had practiced a lot together, they flew welded wing and their team coach was world champion Eric Napoleon.

Sarah was the best individual...
Forum: Soaring January 17th 20, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Women's Worlds

Last day cancelled. We have a world champion!!!!!
Forum: Soaring January 16th 20, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Women's Worlds

And here's the nearest (25 miles) TAF/METAR: https://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/australia.php?icao=YSTW

Showers, smoke and low clouds all day
Forum: Soaring January 16th 20, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Women's Worlds

Pray for rain!!!!!

The next to last day was cancelled for rain and the last day is forecast to be hopeless as well. Rain dance scheduled here.

Organizers are discussing changing awards to a day...
Forum: Soaring January 4th 20, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Women's Worlds

SHE SCOOOORRRRREES! Sarah Arnold clobbered the field on the first day at the Women's Worlds in Australia.
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 19, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Damage from bird strike?

While attempting to fly formation with a golden eagle cruising along the ridge I couldn't get the glider quite slowed to its speed, about 45mph, and "goosed" it with my left wing. It rolled over the...
Forum: Soaring September 29th 19, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duo Discus wing root mod

Better yet, install 1/4" foam weather stripping tape around the entire mating surface on the fuselage and forget the tape. Works great.

KS

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 10:59:46 PM UTC-4, JS...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 19, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Discus 2 rudder stiff help please

Situations like this can be avoided if the annual inspections are done properly. Both the rudder and the seat pan must be removed to catch problems. When I was the dealer for a German company years...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 19, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
US International Team (Squad) Ranking

Add my thanks to that of John Seaborn and others for the Herculean contribution of Dr Leibacher to our sport. Keeping all those data bases current would seem to be the equivalent of a full time job,...
Forum: Soaring July 18th 19, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Apollo and our own.

There must be a good number of our crowd out there that contributed their talents to getting us to the moon via the Apollo program.

One is Roy Cundiff (formerly “R1” Ventus) who was an engineer...
Forum: Soaring January 8th 19, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adjusting the canopy frame on an Arcus M

A fellow pilot with an Arcus hit on an excellent solution and I'd mention his name but maybe he'd prefer not. He's probably reading this?

Take a stout pry bar along in the back seat and insert it...
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 19, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Winching - Reverse Auto Tow

We've been using an auto-mounted pulley launch system for over 50 years, and the idea came from the Dansville, NY club who've been using it since the Wright Bros.

Initially, launching a K-8, a 1965...
Forum: Soaring November 24th 18, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sage vario repair - Williams Soaring Unable

Give these guys a shout: http://www.keystoneinstruments.com/contact.htm

They're at Lock Haven Airport and have been fixing stuff since the beginning of time.
Forum: Soaring August 20th 18, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange

Add my thanks for this gargantuan service you've been offering since the beginning of time John. You make life easier for a lot of us.

Take the rest of the day off!

KS
Forum: Soaring August 5th 18, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accident report removed?

Copy and paste the address in the JS post on Google and it's there.

KS
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
US team silence

Here's the lousy machine translation of Kawa's message to the organizers:

I'm sorry, but bitter words have to go down. 90 % of people don't want to take the tour alone and rape the director of the...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
US team silence

Hopefully, US Team members will weigh in with a post mortem of the contest and their recommendations for changes in rules, preparation, and support. It has been suggested that some differences in our...
Forum: Soaring July 15th 18, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ILEC SN10 v2.44 released

Thanks for that 21 years Dave. None out there like you!

KS

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 4:33:43 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
ILEC SN10/SN10B version 2.44 is now available at: