Search: Posts made by: Canberra Man
Forum: Military Aviation October 12th 11, 12:07 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
The TSR2 was not a failure, it was destined to be...

The TSR2 was not a failure, it was destined to be an excellent aircraft but was cancelled by that half wit Wilson who is only equalled by Cameron.
Forum: General Aviation February 17th 10, 05:50 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
Oops! Fire extinguishers!

Hi.
Working on a Canberra with a faulty No 2 Inverter (instrument supplies) checked the fuse,- OK. So, says I, Type S relay upper equipment hatch. Climbed up, opened hatch and entered. Released...
Forum: Restoration January 29th 10, 02:17 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
Dumfries Aviation Museum. Jetstream,

Hi.
THese are photos of a Jetstream at the Dumfries Aviation Museum. It came with nothing, no cabin lining, no instruments, no panels, Just two seats slung in as an afterthought. The instruments...
Forum: General Aviation January 29th 10, 01:04 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
Hi. Wether the photo's of the superfortress are...

Hi.
Wether the photo's of the superfortress are fake is by the way. The fact that one landed in Russia after bombing Japan and was coppied rivet for rivet. I read that they made more than one,

Ken
Forum: Restoration January 28th 10, 04:06 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
Intro.

Hi.
Old fogey. Did Army and RAF service in the forties and fifties. Thirty years in Air Cadets as a Warrant Officer. Now well retired at 79. Spend weekends at the local aviation museum and help my...
Forum: General Aviation January 27th 10, 09:16 PM
Posted By Canberra Man
Introduction

Why not have an introduction forum, most do.
I was born in 1930 and lived in Grimsby in Lincolnshire. Was nine when the war started and got used to sitting in an air raid shelter, listening to the...