Search: Posts made by: S Aero
Forum: Soaring March 17th 21, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-33A for sale

Hello All, I will have a nice 2-33A for sale in May. Interior refurbished and in excellent condition, rebuilt compass, all flight controls disassembled/cleaned/lubricated with new hardware. Also, new...
Forum: Soaring November 5th 20, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-22 for sale?

On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 4:16:09 PM UTC-5, Patrick (LS6-b EH) wrote:
One was just purchased from southern Alberta Canada for transit to Jakarta...

Was that the one to be (or maybe not)...
Forum: Soaring November 5th 20, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-22 for sale?

Anybody have or know of an airworthy 2-22 for sale? With or without trailer is ok. Thanks.
Forum: Soaring October 14th 20, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
§ 61.87 (i)

Thanks Tony and Burt.... very helpful!
Forum: Soaring October 13th 20, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
§ 61.87 (i)

Concerning Burt’s comment on the FAA exemption letter for non A&Ps to assemble gliders... anybody know where to find it on the SSA site?
I’m not having any luck finding it.
Forum: Soaring September 11th 20, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
The Blue Book, American Soaring Handbook

On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 11:30:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
"The stall speed of a glider increases with the square root of the increase in weight. ... For example, a 540-pound...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 20, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
The Blue Book, American Soaring Handbook

Very interesting! Thanks for the feedback.
Forum: Soaring September 10th 20, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
The Blue Book, American Soaring Handbook

Is this still a good reference today?
..... or is it outdated with much better information in the multitudes of books printed now?
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 20, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
Glider DPE for SDF BWG LEX area

Hi Paul,
Yep, I’m aware of that but it seems that many aren’t too interested in traveling very far on a regular basis. I know Burt C. will travel a significant distance but I need someone in the...
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 20, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
Glider DPE for SDF BWG LEX area

Yes, of course, good advice but there is a reason why I posted the question.. My local FSDO point of contact for DPEs is out until the middle of September. Thought I’d ask the question here and...
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 20, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
Glider DPE for SDF BWG LEX area

Hello All,
I am looking for a glider DPE in the central Kentucky area. In searching the FAA designee database, the individual authorizations are not delineated. Will need ongoing support from...
Forum: Soaring July 20th 20, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-33a for sale

Hi Shaun, send me an email at:

I will get pics of trailer for you next time I'm at the airport.
Forum: Soaring July 19th 20, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-33a for sale

Hi Burt, I sent you more details and pictures.
Forum: Soaring July 19th 20, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By S Aero
2-33a for sale

5700 hours, has road worthy trailer (poor appearance), no radio, standard instruments / vario, new hardware (wing, stab, struts etc.) 1972, damage history (337 doc) April 2020 annual. $15k firm. On...