Search: Posts made by: Paul Remde
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Garmin inReach Sale

Hi Glider Pilots,

I'm a fan of the Garmin inReach satellite communicators. I'm using mine today while flying in a soaring contest. They're having a short sale right now. Please order through my...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 21, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
For Sale - LXNAV Nano4 - Used

Hi Bob,

You were the first to respond. The Nano4 is yours. I'll send you an invoice later today.

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_______________________________
Forum: Soaring May 13th 21, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
For Sale - LXNAV Nano4 - Used

Hi Glider Guiders,

I’m helping a friend sell his used LXNAV Nano4 IGC Approved GPS Flight Recorder. He’s upgrading to a Naviter Oudie IGC.

You can see photos and details...
Forum: Soaring March 10th 21, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Near-Miss Over Albert Lea Airport

Hi,

Today I released a new Soaring Product Training video:
- Naviter - SeeYou.Cloud - Viewing 2 Flights at Once / "Near-Miss Over Albert Lea Airport"
- The Naviter SeeYou.Cloud is used to view 2...
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 21, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
PowerFLARM Fusion Units Shipping to U.S. Customers Soon

Hi,

FLARM sent a note with great news yesterday! The PowerFLARM Fusion units for U.S. customers will be on the way to me in 1 to 2 weeks. I have many pre-orders, but I ordered many extra units for...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 21, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
LX5000 vs LX7000

Hi,

I've repaired and calibrated both LX5000 and LX7000 and LX7007 units. The differences are updates to the hardware - more memory, faster processor, newer hardware design, brighter screen,...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 21, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Seeking tech info on LX7007

Hi Moshe,

It was nice talking with you yesterday.

The database files for LXe are executable programs because they are installation files. You need to run one to install it after installing LXe. ...
Forum: Soaring February 3rd 21, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Seeking tech info on LX7007

Hi Moshe,

I probably have a saved LX7007 Pro IGC manual and can answer most of your questions below. I'd rather talk to you over the phone (less work). Call me any time.

Paul Remde
Cumulus...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 21, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

The FLARM introductory price for the PowerFLARM Fusion is available only through January of 2021. You can see details and order...
Forum: Soaring January 20th 21, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Interview - 1000 km Soaring Flight by Richard Andrews & Barry Jaeger

Hi,

On May 8, 2020, accomplished Minnesota glider pilots Barry Jaeger and Richard Andrews flew an Arcus from Minnesota to Tennessee - a flight of over 1000 km. The flight is the longest sailplane...
Forum: Soaring January 19th 21, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Oudie GPS

Hi,

What type of Oudie is it? Oudie IGC units don't lock onto GPS satellites if connected to a USB connection to a PC. But they work fine when connected to power through an Oudie power/data cable...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 21, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
New Oudie - volume location

Hi Dan,

Oudie volume is accessible in the MacCready and Altitude setting screen. To get there, go to Menu, Mc & Alt.

It is unclear if that setting does the same things as the old Oudie home screen...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 21, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays

SOLD

Paul Remde

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 5:16:27 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays

I'm helping a customer sell...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 21, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays

For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays

I'm helping a customer sell his used ClearNav II system. I have it here at my office and have verified that it is working...
Forum: Soaring January 14th 21, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B

Hi Dan,

It doesn't appear that there is any benefit to upgrading from 7.02 to 7.03 for anyone outside the USA.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 7:55:06 PM UTC-6, Dan...
Forum: Soaring January 13th 21, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B

Hi,

Please consider ordering the ADS-R Enable from your local FLARM dealer. The price is the same for you.
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/store/flarm-powerflarm-enable-ads-r

Best Regards,

Paul...
Forum: Soaring December 12th 20, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
LXNAV introduces New ADI Air Data Indicator

Hi,

I've been asked a lot whether the new LXNAV Airdata Indicator has a built-in backup battery. It doesn't. I'm glad because I'm not a fan of built-in backup batteries. They sit in unused for...
Forum: Soaring November 30th 20, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
For Sale - New 80mm Winter MacCready Ring for PW-5

Hi,

I have a new 80mm Winter MacCready Ring for PW-5 for sale. The customer that ordered it has since sold the glider. It is $110 plus shipping.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Forum: Soaring November 28th 20, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

Hi John,

I think most of your questions have now been answered by other people. Let me know if you have any other questions. You are correct that the PowerFLARM Fusions connectors are identical to...
Forum: Soaring November 26th 20, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
SALE - Limited-Time Deals on Soaring Products

Hi,

It is easy to see what soaring products are on-sale using the "SALE" menu item near the top-left corner of my web site. Direct link below.
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/store/sale

Current...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 20, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Garmin inReach SALE - ends Nov. 30, 2020

Hi Glider Guiders,

If you're thinking about buying a Garmin inReach - now is the the time.

Sale ends November 30
- inReach Mini: $249.99 ($100 OFF)
- inReach Explorer+: $399.90 ($50 OFF)
-...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 20, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
Trying to Reach Markus Graeber

Hi,

I received 2 Oudie units in the mail which appear to be from Markus Graeber.. I suspect he wants them upgraded or repaired. He bought them from me in 2010 and they have his name in the logger...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 20, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

Actually, FCC approval has not been received yet. It is in the works, and will hopefully go through, but it is not a foregone conclusion and may take a while.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 20, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
NEW - Pure Planes - Schweizer 2-33 Display Model Kit

Hi,

I learned to fly in a Schweizer 2-33 and did my first solo in one. I'm happy to be able to now sell them.
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/store/gifts/pure-planes-schweizer-2-33

Good...
Forum: Soaring November 1st 20, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Remde
FOR SALE - USED - LX9000 and V8 System

SOLD - This systems has been sold.

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 8:49:50 AM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

The price for the LX9000 with V8 system has been reduced to $2795. Please contact...