Search: Posts made by: Charles Longley
Forum: Soaring September 17th 19, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

Wow good job on the tow pilots part!
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:51:07 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:22:06 AM UTC-4, Charles Longley wrote:
Interesting that someone put an O-470 on a...
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

Not necessary I was just curious. Give me a call if you have any questions. Your local IA should be able to approve the install.
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

Interesting that someone put an O-470 on a Pawnee. Do you know which model it is?

To answer your question the TOST tow release comes with an STC. W&W does a pretty good job supporting them.
Here’s...
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

Putting a Tost hook on a Pawnee is a very simple operation. The FAA doesn’t really need to be involved other then representation by an IA. Shoot me an email or call if you have any questions....
Forum: Soaring September 13th 19, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Replacement canopies

Does anyone have experience with them? They have ASW-20 and L-23 which I need.
Forum: Soaring September 12th 19, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Replacement canopies

I’ll check them out.
Forum: Soaring September 10th 19, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
L-23 Loose Horizontal Stabilizer

I have a lot of experience on L-23 loose horizontal stabs. The first thing I would check is the fit of the pins. The maintenance manual will tell you the exact maximum number. You’ll need to...
Forum: Soaring September 7th 19, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Replacement canopies

I was quoted $2,000 for the canopy with the hole cut for the sliding window and sliding window included. But $2,000 for freight and customs. Total of $4,000.
I would be interested in bundling 3-4...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 19, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pins for L33 Solo

There’s a guy in Canada that has a wrecked one. We bought an aileron off of him. Pavan (403) three nine 3- six three 83
Forum: Soaring August 6th 19, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee Tow Release

In the 3 Pawnee’s I fly 2 use the floor mounted dump lever which I like. The other one uses a shorter lever mounted in front of the throttle which I like even more!
Forum: Soaring July 29th 19, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
More sad news

My condolences to the family and friends.
Forum: Soaring July 27th 19, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Oratex

I have no experience with it but have used most of the other processes. I know it’s quite a bit more expensive then anything else.
Here’s a good discussion on the Super Cub...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

Pretty sure they’ll find no wrong doing. Having said that. You are a total dick!
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

FAR 91.707
Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, no person may operate a civil aircraft between Mexico or Canada and the United States without filing an IFR or VFR flight plan, as appropriate.

You...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

So I fly out of Ephrata and Arlington, WA. What would make the Canadians happy if I flew into their airspace? I am probably going to install a transponder this winter.
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

You need to read up on the laws a little bit. You don’t need to clear customs if you don’t land.
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Seattle area soaring?

8 of them
2x Pawnee
2x Blanik L-23
2x Blanik L-33
1x Grob 103
1x DG 300
Forum: Soaring July 24th 19, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Seattle area soaring?

It’s actually not a TSA gate. AWO doesn’t have that level of security. It’s an airport management/ liability thing. Unfortunately the only way to join Evergreen Soaring or schedule a ride is...
Forum: Soaring July 18th 19, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee seat belt source

They could probably turn it around in 3-4 business days. Just overnight each way. Give them a call.
Forum: Soaring July 12th 19, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Pawnee seat belt source

Yep Wagaero they did both of our Pawnees.
Forum: Soaring July 3rd 19, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
TE Probe O-ring came off

Use DC4 to lube O-rings....
Forum: Soaring June 19th 19, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charles Longley
Day 1 Region 8 Ephrata Wa

Hey Nick walk over and interview Noel Wade about how he’s crushing it!