Search: Posts made by: Steve Leonard[_2_]
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Ventus C vs LS6

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:29:02 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Thread Drift warning
So I've got a LS ship
I've never paid the "Tax"
So how does this work if I NEED a LS part?
Do...
Forum: Soaring September 16th 19, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Ventus C vs LS6

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 3:03:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The 'LS' (maintenance contract with DG) tax is not really necessary. I own a LS6a and if you don't have a big...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 19, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Anybody know what happened to these HP-14s?

So, there was this auction of "seized property" about three years ago. I was thinking about going, but talked myself out of it, as I figured I would end up with 4 HP-14 projects to bring home...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 19, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Wing flex at higher speed DG-100

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 1:16:02 PM UTC-5, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:

I still have the standard tips, which have a downward skid, which are the same as you can see on this pictu...
Forum: Soaring September 1st 19, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
another crash

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 12:27:36 AM UTC-5, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Very sad indeed.

There is another newsarticle with a clearer picture of the glider...
Forum: Soaring September 1st 19, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
another crash

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:19:15 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

It still works for me. Fatal crash of motorglider, Aug 25 at Buckley
Washington, near Tacoma. Clipped trees after takeoff. ...
Forum: Soaring August 22nd 19, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
FS Cambridge L-Nav & GPS 20

Have two Piep audios, a stand alone RICO audio, a COSIM Pellet vario.

I think I have 5 or so A8 regulators, and a few Ball varios sitting on the shelf.

What model of Ball Vario, JJ? We have club...
Forum: Soaring August 21st 19, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
FS Cambridge L-Nav & GPS 20

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 1:06:49 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Who bought it?
Let me guess....
Steve Leonard?

Ding Ding Ding! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Y'all are just jealous...
Forum: Soaring August 5th 19, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:03:40 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Excellent!* (But a really ****ty design on the glider.)

Most Fleabi (Plural of Phoebus) have chipped away finish at the inboard...
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 19, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 10:26:04 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:

Jesus rod?

Dan, 5J

Main wing pin. Lose it, meet Jesus.
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 19, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 4:45:05 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
Let’s try this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w6meRLjLQfb9dT6V6

Thank you, John. It is what I suspected, but good to see...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 19, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 2:21:36 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
I've done an extensive search on the Ace Hardware website, and I don't see them listed online. I really wish we could post photos...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 19, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

Maybe a keyword to search the Ace Hardware website?

Steve Leonard
Phoebus C
N9213
Wrk No. 778
Forum: Soaring July 19th 19, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Cambridge CPT 505 Variometer

Is it maybe a CPT50S?

This might help. http://www.bas.uk.net/docs/Mk4_Vario.pdf

This says it will go full scale and stay there up to 3-5 minutes on initial powerup. Have you waited that long to...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 19, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
.cai files and windows 10

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:04:45 PM UTC-5, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
I would be happy if all badge and records can be submitted with any Oudie file and I have as many days as I would like to...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 19, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
FS: ASW-20B, NH, USA

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:42:44 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
Another old glider :-). This one says "27" on the side...

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 9:43:27 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 19, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
How to hang a glider from the ceiling of a hangar

And for God's Sake, please understand the difference between a Winch and a...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 19, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Oops

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 6:03:32 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:

Crash site is 2.7 miles from runway intersection at Danbury. "In the pattern" doesn't make sense to me.

T8

Agree with the...
Forum: Soaring June 4th 19, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Genesis II parts for sale

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:09:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I, also sent a note expressing interest in your G-2 parts and got a message saying my message was blocked at your end?...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 19, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
ASH25 out to kill you?

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 7:52:01 AM UTC-5, ripacheco1967 wrote:
I know I’m just learning about all this but reading this about the ASH 25 really made me pause.
(I have a lot of ours on GA...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 19, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Glider Financing : Is Lea County State Bank still the only gamein town?

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 12:12:32 AM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:53:44 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
And it used to to be tax deductible...

Ramy

Honey I got...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes

On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 6:45:44 PM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
Actually Kevin,

The DG400 can fly in 15M, 18M and/or Club class. I don't see you signed up for the Sports Class Nationals.

Forum: Soaring May 15th 19, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Restrictors for Sage Vario

We used to put sections of pipe cleaner (center wire with fuzzy stuff on the outside) in the line to damp the motion if it was too...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 19, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Need to move a glider west

On Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 8:27:49 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
That’s probably the route I’ll go. How do they load/unload? Do you bring it to a truck dock?

I think you will find most...
Forum: Soaring April 19th 19, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Tony Condon JS3 - Downwind Hutchinson to Gulf Coast ... Now

Flying 18 meter today. Had a low scrape, dumped the water, but is up and has been moving again for a fair while.

Steve Leonard