Forum: Soaring September 3rd 19, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale: Arcus M, Js3, Shark, and Lak FES

PRICE REDUCTION
Arcus M (2017) - $275,000 USD
Js3 15/18 w/ turbojet (2016) - $165,000 USD

Shark 304MS (2014) - SOLD
Lak 17b FES (2015) - SOLD

Contact mikesoaring at gmail
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 19, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 7:04:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Arcus M (2017) - $275,000 USD
Js3 15/18 w/ turbojet (2016) - $165,000 USD
Shark 304MS (2014) - SOLD
Lak 17b FES...
Forum: Soaring August 11th 19, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tire pressure monitor

Phil, do a quick search for TPM. There are good threads with info from 2008 and again in 2017.
I tried three different version and while they worked ok most of the time, all three systems would lose...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 19, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HPh304s (Fes) owners

I agree with Alberto and 5U.
Response from factory was always immediate and helpful.
Quality was amazing and glider was great to fly.
Very stable, climbed well, and was fast enough for me.
The...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 19, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale: Arcus M, Js3, Shark, and Lak FES

Arcus buyer was unable to secure funding, so it is available.
W&W post soon.

Shark and Lak FES are both under contract.

Js3 offers thus far have had contingencies, prefer quick cash buyer if...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 19, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale: Arcus M, Js3, Shark, and Lak FES

Additional details:
Arcus M; $295,000
Built 2017
Hours 11.5
Engine 1.4
Last Inspection 2/2019

Js3 15/18 w/ turbojet; $177,000
Built 2016 with factory refresh on 2018
New canopy, avionics, turbojet,...
Forum: Soaring July 10th 19, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale: Arcus M, Js3, Shark, and Lak FES

Arcus M (2017) - $295,000 USD
Js3 15/18 w/ turbojet (2016) - $177,000 USD
Shark 304MS (2014) - $150,000 USD
Lak 17b FES (2015) - $120,000 USD

Contact mikesoaring at gmail
Forum: Soaring May 21st 19, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

Maybe has to do with waiting to get the current almanac to know how many leap seconds to apply to received GPS time to get to UTC time used for the logs? Waiting for the whole message can take over...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

If you're turning on the logger immediately before takeoff, you're risking losing
the early part of the flight entirely, not just having time problems.

Good point. I’m not usually worried...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

But I don't quite understand the conjecture that "the system is using an internal clock until it syncs with the gps satellites", because prior to getting a GPS fix the flight recorder shouldn't be...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

I’ve not heard back from Lxnav yet, but I had a private email from a very smart person that pointed out that both the October 2 and October 4 flights had the clock jump after takeoff but before...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

Ref .
I notice your Oct 2 2018 flight on OLC had that peculiar highly
compressed altitude graph, but without the gps altitude dropouts. Maybe
that's just some unrelated OLC display issue....
Forum: Soaring May 20th 19, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

Kinsell, You may be on the right track.
Backup recorder (portable powerflarm) with separate gps system, recorded fine during the same period.
Forum: Soaring May 19th 19, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

FYI, I’ve sent my file to Lxnav to see what they think.
My backup IGC file from the portable power Flarm was ok during the same time period and was accepted by OLC.
Forum: Soaring May 19th 19, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Implausible Time Records

Dan,
Just FYI, I got the same error last night on an IGC flle from an Lx9070, so it may not be a CN issue.
lx9070 was updated to latest software version on 4/8/19.

This is what I see in my...
Forum: Soaring July 21st 18, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider on ESPN at German Gran Prix

Anyone else catch the Glider thermalling low over Hockenheimring yesterday morning, during German Gran Prix free practice 2?
Kudos to Paul di Resta of ESPN for knowing and explaining to the viewers...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 18, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Top Meteo Format Change

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 11:06:49 AM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
At first glance, I don't see this as an improvement.

Anybody know any way to get rid of the data I don't want in the site...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 18, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Top Meteo Format Change

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 11:06:49 AM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
At first glance, I don't see this as an improvement.

Anybody know any way to get rid of the data I don't want in the site...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 18, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Top Meteo Format Change

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 6:35:40 AM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
My layout on Top Meteo changed completely this morning. Did everybody else's?
How do I get back to showing the regional map I used to...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 18, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Georgia Tennessee Alabama - GTA 2018 Schedule

Chris,
Looking forward to another fun season.
Like the work you did on the website and Facebook page.
Forum: Soaring March 12th 18, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

It would be interesting to hear more specifics on what is planned. The big issue seems to be launches on rwy18. Rwy36 has a nice runoff area and plenty of fields north of the airport. South is...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 18, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

AK, just curious. How much does your 31MI weigh?
The handicap reference weight for a 31MI is 1189. Are you below that? Is the handicap table wrong?
If I read the safety notice correctly, the...
Forum: Soaring October 27th 17, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cobra Trailer lights converting to 4-way flat--Help

It must be something really special for you to give up your nice Discus 2B.
Are you planning to just surprise us at the Seniors or can we get a hint now?