Search: Posts made by: Veeduber[_2_]
Forum: Home Built August 6th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
VW Heads -- Part 2

CC'ing Your Heads... seems to generate more messages than any of the
other head-related chores. Which is only fair since cc'ing your heads
is one of the most important tasks in building a reliable...
Forum: Home Built August 4th 09, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
VW Heads -- Part 1

VW Heads - Part 1

One of the most common errors seen in VW engines converted for flight
is the failure to maintain proper valve train geometry. Valve Train
Geometry is based on a series of...
Forum: Home Built July 26th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Testing Stick-built Ribs

Hi Guys.

Does that title tickle any memory-bones?

Well, let's see if I can tickle them again. First-off come the ground
rules: The data came from "Handbook of Instruction for Airplane
Designers,...
Forum: Home Built July 23rd 09, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Chuggers-alt, Building the Box Store Bomber

To All:

I have been storing my engine building information in files intended
for use with home-built airplanes. But engines are pretty much the
same, for airplanes or cars. You're welcome to join...
Forum: Home Built July 16th 09, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Email Problems Again

Dear Friends,

Remember last fall, when I was ****in' an' moaning about my email
problems?

Remember how I resolved the problems by purchasing my own domain name?

Well, the small but reliable...
Forum: Home Built July 15th 09, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Even MORE on Testing!!

Pants, not wing spars.

Has anyone ever dealt with 'Duluth Trading Post?'

As some of you know the cancer has caused me to lose about 80 pounds
and nearly 2" in height due to the compression fracture...
Forum: Home Built July 15th 09, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
More on Testing

To All:

Or perhaps to that part of All interested in testing by busting things
up... And to those who got their knickers in a kink over the best
orientation of the laminae in a laminated spar...
Forum: Home Built July 11th 09, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
How to Break-In an Engine

The big problem here is that air cooled engines are different from
water cooled engines, and while we can find lots of good information
of breaking-in a newly assembled engine, it turns out that 99%...
Forum: Home Built July 2nd 09, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Testing On The Cheap

So... how strong is your wing?

The only sure way to know is to TEST it.

How do we do that? We roll the airframe over on it's nose, support
the main spar with a structure of some sort... Douglas...
Forum: Home Built June 18th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
HVX MODS on VW engines

To All:

Oil for the right-hand half of the crankcase arrives there via the
channel behind the #2 cam bearing. When building a high-reliability
engine a standard procedure is to increase the...
Forum: Home Built June 10th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
ENGINE BASICS

On Jun 9, 8:35*pm, "Tom Wait"
wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here Bob and say that the RATE of valve
opening and closing is a function of RPM and cam...
Forum: Home Built June 10th 09, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
ENGINE BASICS

(deleted)
Forum: Home Built June 10th 09, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
ENGINE BASICS

On Jun 9, 4:16*pm, Charlie wrote:

You might edit the line between the ***'s to say 'same degrees of crank
rotation'. (Time obviously varies with...
Forum: Home Built June 10th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
ENGINE BASICS

On Jun 9, 9:47*am, Veeduber wrote:
To All:

Recent posts about the Pobjoy radial engine have generated a number of
private messages which indicate some subscribers to...
Forum: Home Built June 9th 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
ENGINE BASICS

To All:

Recent posts about the Pobjoy radial engine have generated a number of
private messages which indicate some subscribers to this Newsgroup
lack a basic understanding in how the Internal...
Forum: Home Built June 8th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Photos of a sectioned Pobjoy Niagra

On Jun 8, 8:00*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

veedubber I've emailed a copy of the scans for your...
Forum: Home Built June 8th 09, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Flying car passes its test flight program

On Jun 5, 7:19*am, harry k wrote:

I wonder how they plan to build it to pass the safety and ecological
requirements the government reuires to be licensed for the...
Forum: Home Built June 8th 09, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Rare fatal CH-801 crash

On Jun 7, 7:13*pm, "Morgans" wrote:

With the scant information in the article, it would be difficult to come to
any (((accurate))) conlusion.
Forum: Home Built June 7th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Jiggery-Tackery

On Jun 7, 1:34*pm, bildan wrote:

I love gas welding but if I were to do another welded fuselage, I'd
bite the bullet and buy a TIG welder. *It's much faster and...
Forum: Home Built June 7th 09, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Jiggery-Tackery

On Jun 7, 9:32*am, Michael Horowitz wrote:

So how do I get to the other side of the joint (for the second tack)
if it's lying flat against the board? Certainly the folks...
Forum: Home Built June 4th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Water-cooled Examples

On Jun 3, 7:05*pm, wrote:

I might differ with Bob a bit as I am leaning to affordable PSRU
engines so *I can get a powerplant from the auto wreckers.
Forum: Home Built June 3rd 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
Water-cooled Examples

To All,

In another thread regarding the growing shortage of air-cooled
automobile engine that can be easily converted to serve as a power-
plant for a home-built, I mentioned liquid-cooled engines...
Forum: Home Built June 3rd 09, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
The Home-made Home-builders Engine

On Jun 3, 5:51*am, cavelamb wrote:
While not installed or operated correctly ANY engine will fail.

Do you think a home made engine will be any...
Forum: Home Built June 3rd 09, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
The Home-made Home-builders Engine

On Jun 2, 11:41*am, jan olieslagers
wrote:

Still, you asked for a 40-60 HP engine
and all and sundry came up with 80-100 hp ideas,
that's my concern now.
Forum: Home Built June 2nd 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Veeduber[_2_]
The Home-made Home-builders Engine

On Jun 2, 9:20*am, jan olieslagers
wrote:
Veeduber schreef:

Lots of interesting ideas coming out.

Indeed, certainly to the eyes of this non-mechanic.
But...