Search: Posts made by: Z Goudie[_2_]
Forum: Soaring November 28th 19, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Gary polkinhorne

At 07:18 28 November 2019, wrote:
I'd like to get back in touch with Gary. Tell him Andrew is asking.
As would Z
Forum: Soaring April 18th 19, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

Confucius he say "Better the far fence at 15kts than the one on approach at
stall speed".
Forum: Soaring March 12th 19, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Botched handoffs

At 01:07 08 March 2019, wrote:

Back in Germany a student didn't make progress with his instructor, he
got
=
nothing but criticism on his patterns. After one flight he got...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 19, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Botched handoffs

At 01:07 08 March 2019, wrote:

Back in Germany a student didn't make progress with his instructor, he
got
=
nothing but criticism on his patterns. After one flight he got...
Forum: Soaring February 26th 19, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Tow rope musings - informal survey

At 08:05 26 February 2019, John Bridge wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/y47qmknr

Do you think they both had a good grip on the release knobs?
Forum: Soaring August 9th 17, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Sustainer engine run

At 01:55 09 August 2017, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Just curious, how long are the guys with solo 2350 sustainer engines
runnin=
g their engines before they depart on XC flights? I have been...
Forum: Soaring July 11th 17, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Discus B Pilot Size

At 11:07 11 July 2017, wrote:
Looking at the Discus B's for sale on W&W. Before I drive out to look at
them, can anyone tell me what size pilots will fit in them?

6' 2 1/2"...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 16, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Glide ratio with full brakes and side slip

At 11:30 30 April 2016, Jim Kellett wrote:

In a modern glider, the side slip is GREAT for crosswind landings, but
the
=
forward slip is darn near useless for losing altitude. I teach...
Forum: Soaring May 17th 15, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Sacrificial layer for gear-up protection.

At 21:49 16 May 2015, Don Johnstone wrote:

Good training is the key, but as is oft said, there are two types o
pilots, those that have and those that are going to.

..and the lucky ones who go off...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 15, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Hanger Flying/ I learned from this experience

And one that had a weld fail on one air brake control rod when I shut the
brakes before it's first flight after delivery! Could have been an
interesting winch launch.

I had every control rod out...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 15, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Sustainer/turbo gliders

At 16:29 04 April 2015, David Salmon wrote:

Bought a Discus Turbo 7/8 years ago. Never regretted it. You do get mor
out of it, certainly at a winch only site. No need for ear protection, i
fact...
Forum: Soaring November 22nd 14, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
PowerFlarm Warnings Display Comparison

At 08:36 22 November 2014, Richard wrote:
On Friday, November 21, 2014 7:42:53 PM UTC-8, Ramy wrote:
On Friday, November 21, 2014 3:30:50 PM UTC-8, Sean Fidler wrote:
Great stuff! ...
Forum: Soaring June 16th 14, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Fatal crash Arizona

At 07:15 16 June 2014, Jim White wrote:
May I offer a practical tip? Talk to yourself all the way up the launch t
a safe height (perhaps 500ft), deciding where you will go at every momen
should...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 14, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Oudie version 5.12

At 18:25 30 May 2014, Paul Remde wrote:

I used the Oudie Updater program on my PC to upgrade my Oudie 2 to version

5.19 just now.
http://www.naviter.com/products/oudie-updater/

Also worked for...
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 14, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Trailer Chains - To Cross of Not to Cross - That is the Question

At 04:14 03 May 2014, BobW wrote:

That said, once when retrieving someone - their vehicle pulling a factory

PIK-20 trailer - less than two miles from the airport & still in town,
someone...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 14, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
New Gliderport

At 11:43 01 April 2014, wrote:

Hunt the Gowk isn't just a Scottish Custom then?

Doris and I have purchased a very desirable piece of land at the base of
th=
e ridge just...
Forum: Soaring November 23rd 13, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
UK version?

At 23:09 23 November 2013, wrote:
This forum, whilst informative0and enjoyable to read, seems to cover
north
America on the whole.
Is there a similar UK Forum and if...
Forum: Soaring October 16th 13, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Keep your hand off the release handle during aero tows!

At 21:07 15 October 2013, Del Copeland wrote:
Bill D has gone remarkably quiet!

Damn! The rest of us were hoping you had gone into hibernation too.
Forum: Soaring October 12th 13, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Keep your hand off the release handle during aero tows!

At 18:43 12 October 2013, son_of_flubber wrote:

What is a Flick Spin?

A Flick Roll with enough room to segue into a properly developed spin
before you hit the ground?
Forum: Soaring June 16th 12, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
New RASP site not working

At 17:24 16 June 2012, Rob Shepherd wrote:
Just as I was enjoying the new RASP site, I see it is no longer
available,
any
ideas why?
Try this...
Forum: Soaring May 29th 12, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Angle of incidence

At 07:16 29 May 2012, BruceGreeff wrote:

Have learned to bring the big Kestrel in a lot slower and the landings
are a lot less exciting. Still have a way to go. She can be landed in an...
Forum: Soaring July 15th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
SAFE Winch Launching

At 08:05 15 July 2009, tommytoyz wrote:
Even with multiple relights, it's
still cheaper and more fun.
Tom

Not if you finish up at the back of a queue of 20 gliders as the sea
breeze blows through...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 09, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Slow Down, Speed up

At 20:44 16 April 2009, John Smith wrote:

I don't consider threatening with physical violence humorous.

Where I fly the standard winch driver response is "Aye, right! You and
whose army?" ...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Slow Down, Speed up

At 19:06 16 April 2009, John Smith wrote:

Where I live, threatening somebody with physical violence is considered
a crime, and realizing this threat is considered a major crime.

Legal...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 09, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Z Goudie[_2_]
Slow Down, Speed up

In the distant past I saw a friend die when he rocked the wings as a too
slow signal.

Nose down to maintain a safe speed and wait for the winch driver to get
the message. If he doesn't, pull off,...