Search: Posts made by: zulu
Forum: Soaring May 12th 12, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Rudder Cable Systems Used in Modern Sailplanes

On May 11, 2:42*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:30:06 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:54:15 PM UTC-7, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Forum: Soaring February 8th 12, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Transponder reminder: 1202, do NOT ident unless requested by ATC

On Feb 7, 8:47*pm, Uwe Kleinhempel wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:19*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:

Reminders from the SSF/SSA safety briefing at Reno:

(1)...
Forum: Soaring September 8th 11, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Computer based club accounting/scheduling/billing/pilot history.

OK guys, I know you are out there. Could I please get some feed back
on computer programs designed to fulfill the above mentioned
information? Thanks. Zulu
Forum: Soaring May 24th 11, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
New Transponder Code (1202) for Gliders (Effective Feb 9, 2012)

Actually I only worried about non-transponder equipped gliders when I
was flying into areas where I knew or suspected there to be glider
traffic like the Reno or Albuquerque areas.
Before the advent...
Forum: Soaring May 24th 11, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
New Transponder Code (1202) for Gliders (Effective Feb 9, 2012)

Yeah Mike...that is part of the problem. What the controller will see
is a limited data block on his radar scope and the actual code is not
really all that important except that should a controller...
Forum: Soaring May 24th 11, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
New Transponder Code (1202) for Gliders (Effective Feb 9, 2012)

JO 7110.66D is the current iteration of FAA orders on transponder
codes which was sent out to all air traffic facilities - that is when
the folks at the puzzle palace can remember to send them out...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 11, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Owl Canyon Sailplane Crash Today?

Before there was an Owl Canyon Gliderport, Fred founded Waverly West
Soaring Ranch which was located a few miles west of the current Owl
Canyon. (It was at Owl Canyon where I climbed to 35,000ft for...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 11, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
LS-3a

On Jan 31, 4:11*pm, a wrote:
Hello ,

I would like to buy LS-3a.
I found one very cheap (10k$) but with 6900 hours.

What should i know about the maintenance program of this...
Forum: Soaring July 27th 10, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Approach to a full stall landing

On Jul 26, 9:12*pm, Bob Mowry wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pakiavelli#p/a/u/2/3wdsE1UgP6k

You must watch this in HD. *Quite impressive (starts a bit blurry and
then...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 10, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
ASG 29 for sale

I most likely will end up tar and feathered @ the 18 Meter
Nationals.....so it doesn't really matter what I
fly........................as I have been anointed the weatherman (its
looking...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 10, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
(USA) 2010 Program Letters (have FAA requirements changed?)

Ted et al

Your FSDO dude is a bit behind the times as the most current FAA order
is 8130.2F Change 5 dated 01/15/2010. Check out para. 161 in order to
get started.
I've been told by our local FSDO...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 10, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Non-discrete transponder codes for gliders

Rumor has (had), it that the Feds were about to authorize a nation
wide non-discrete transponder code for gliders which was to be 0000 in
lieu of the current VFR squawk of 1200. Does anyone know...
Forum: Soaring December 25th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Glider Scammer...

Perhaps it's just the way I read the scammer's name, but doesn't R.
Sole sound a bit like Arse hole? Perhaps the scammer is jerking our
collective chains.

Zulu
Forum: Soaring October 18th 09, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By zulu
Anyone towed behind a Cessna BirdDog before?

A lot has to do with the atltiude of your airport.
The Bird Dog has the same engine as a C-182,
a Cont.O-470, but it's derated to 213 horses unless
you are flying an "E" model Bird Dog with the...