Search: Posts made by: G Moore
Forum: Soaring October 8th 19, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 5:26:40 PM UTC-7, SF wrote:
If you need a plan B. Instrument the cable with a tension logger. Instrument the winch with throttle position indicator, cable angle &...
Forum: Soaring October 7th 19, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 11:26:36 AM UTC-7, SoaringXCellence wrote:
George,

I don't see him on RAS anymore, but you might check with Bill Daniels. He has been promoting automated winches...
Forum: Soaring October 7th 19, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 12:16:43 PM UTC-7, G Moore wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 7:30:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I looked a little more into x-plane

The...
Forum: Soaring October 6th 19, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 7:30:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I looked a little more into x-plane

The X-plugin data interface data items are listed at.
Forum: Soaring October 6th 19, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 1:23:56 PM UTC-7, Patrick Grady wrote:
I know how to measure a glider's pitch moment of inertia. In our hangar, we use a hanging cradle to lift a glider for more...
Forum: Soaring October 5th 19, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 6:19:32 AM UTC-7, SF wrote:
You might have better luck searching fo someone that is looking for a doctoral thesis subject at one of the aeronautical...
Forum: Soaring October 5th 19, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 7:53:50 AM UTC-7, wrote:
George, I will show/send your posting to some of the Embry Riddle kids we have flying at our winch only club here in...
Forum: Soaring October 5th 19, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

On Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 11:16:16 AM UTC-7, G Moore wrote:
Wanted: Experienced Flight Dynamicist to Facilitate Development of Winching Pitch Axis-Only Glider Model

I am a pilot,...
Forum: Soaring October 2nd 19, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By G Moore
Wanted: Expereienced Flight Aerodynamicists for Winch Launch Investigation

Wanted: Experienced Flight Dynamicist to Facilitate Development of Winching Pitch Axis-Only Glider Model

I am a pilot, instructor, and retired Electrical Engineer building a next generation active...