Search: Posts made by: Tango Whisky
Forum: Soaring September 15th 20, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
FES underpowered for 18m ship?

Mana,

I would never think about a FES for flying in Fayence.
I you want to escape the "cuvette", just take a higher tow. With a FES, you will eat up all capacity with nothing left for a retrieve...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 20, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
COBRA Anti-Sway Coupler

Most modern trailers are exempt from the 80 km/h limitation and are allowed to go 100 km/h. Still not the speed some 18-wheelers do here but a big improvement for the German Autobahn.

Uli
Forum: Soaring August 14th 20, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
FS: Softie Mini

I have a German Paratec Aviator parachute which has no life limit.
Forum: Soaring August 14th 20, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
New Electric Motorglider-Birdy

No, if the angle between wing chord and fuselage is chosen correctly.
Forum: Soaring August 9th 20, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Speed of a vario

Thermals are turbulent, and a 1 sec time constant means that the vario would be all over the place and completely useless. Use your butt instead.
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 20, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
27 crash at Ely?

The procedure is push and hard rudder. Ther are situations where this is the only way out.
Forum: Soaring July 14th 20, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Wing pin grease

you are certainly not an engineer - that's the most stupid solution I ever heard of.
Forum: Soaring July 14th 20, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Ventus CM starting problems

The Ventus cm starter pulls 50 amps max. If the starter relay is bad (not the connections), the starter will spin without engaging into the starter wheel.
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 20, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

In the video he asked "Why not?"
I guess he's got his answer.
Forum: Soaring June 17th 20, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Parachute Static Line?

Le mercredi 17 juin 2020 15:36:07 UTC+2, a √©crit¬*:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 7:19:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:

When I bought my Softe, Allen suggested a normal...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 20, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Landout at Class C or D tower-controlled airport?

It's actually more than half wingspan.
Forum: Soaring May 31st 20, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
PowerFlarm still picking up Transponder

That is correct. But my aim was to have a transponder, and connecting the 2 wires didn't cost me anything. But then, you get what you pay for...
Where I fly (Europe/Alpes), Flarm is first priority,...
Forum: Soaring May 31st 20, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
PowerFlarm still picking up Transponder

It is. I have the CAI302 Tx going into the VT-01 Rx, and it works well. There is no SIL capability however.
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 20, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Solo 2350 Un-Pickle procedure

I'm flying a Ventus cM for the 15th season. In fall, I do the maintenance as per the manual, put 5 ml oil in each carburettor, turn the prop a couple of times, seal the carburettors with plastic bags...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 20, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
KGARS - Kiting Glider Automatic Relase System

Le mercredi 20 mai 2020 13:30:05 UTC+2, Sci Fi a √©crit¬*:

It is true that increasing tow rope angle precedes a towplane upset, it
is
=
not exclusive to upsets. That is why I suggested...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 20, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Glider release failure?

Landing with 40 m of rope tangling from the nose of the glider is a no-event. Just come in 10 m higher, and touch ground with a very light slip.
Forum: Soaring May 15th 20, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Glider release failure?

Le vendredi 15 mai 2020 14:30:26 UTC+2, waremark a √©crit¬*:
I was at the field when a glider could not release. The combination descended back to the airfield with the rope still attached at both...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
2014 Pictures of a Glider Mid-Air and Bailout

Le mardi 12 mai 2020 20:58:15 UTC+2, Nick Kennedy a √©crit¬*:
I'm glad that old guy got out OK
Cracks me up how they keep saying " The wing fell off"
The media can get it soo wrong!
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 1st 20, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
How About Story Time

Le vendredi 1 mai 2020 16:26:49 UTC+2, Nick Kennedy a √©crit¬*:
Eric
Good Morning
Like I said I went to 2 of Dick Johnson's camps at Marfa to fly the Shear Wave.
I got about 10 flights in...
Forum: Soaring May 1st 20, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Minimum acceptable self-launch climb rate

Le vendredi 1 mai 2020 17:15:05 UTC+2, Dave Walsh a √©crit¬*:
At 20:45 30 April 2020, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 10:48:55 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St.
Cloud wrote:
Forum: Soaring April 21st 20, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Favorite Aviation Films

"Les Chevalliers du Ciel"
French movie, nice flying sequences on Mirage 2000 and Alphajet, lots of participation of the French Airforce.
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Record height for a winch launch?

That was in F√ľrstenfeldbrug near Munich on a military runway with 10'000 ft of Spectra rope.
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Gliding in quarantine video

I drive a Ventus cM as well. I always do it like that :-)
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Best option for electric self starting glider

Magnus, with a LAK17C you won't be able to take off safely from Montricher, especially not to the northeast. I wouldn't go for less than 50 hp, and that leaves you with Ventus 2CM, DG800, Antares 20E...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 20, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Soaring already DOA for the season???

Wll, we Swiss are supposed to be kind of neutral ;-)