Search: Posts made by: Michael Opitz
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 20, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Old Folks Poll

At 12:41 03 November 2020, Roy B. wrote:
I thought it might be fun (and healthy) to start a poll or discussion
for
t=
he guys and gals who have been in the sport for + 25 years or
more. ...
Forum: Soaring October 26th 20, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
possible scammer?

At 16:01 26 October 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
Just got an email about my W&W ad for a PowerFlarm Portable
from a "Frank Taylor" in the MN area (area code 507). The grammar
is just a little off,...
Forum: Soaring October 26th 20, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
possible scammer?

Just got an email about my W&W ad for a PowerFlarm Portable
from a "Frank Taylor" in the MN area (area code 507). The grammar
is just a little off, he asks what my asking price is even though it is...
Forum: Soaring September 30th 20, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Grob Twin Astir getting

Another tip is to try and fly it as much as possible using the rudder,
like
a RC, your legs are stronger than your arms and the roll can get stick
at
higher speeds.
I liked that plane, alot, I...
Forum: Soaring September 30th 20, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Grob Twin Astir getting

And, Mike, Twin Astirs (Retract gear, at least) have a side hinged
rudder.
=
Right side if memory serves me correctly.

Steve Leonard

Steve,
Forum: Soaring September 30th 20, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Grob Twin Astir getting

At 04:35 30 September 2020, RW wrote:
On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 11:30:06 AM UTC-4, Michael
Opitz wrote:
At 14:12 28 September 2020, Kenn Sebesta wrote:
@Steve, that's a great...
Forum: Soaring September 28th 20, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Landing on the Hudson is cool. Check this out

At 16:32 27 September 2020, Dan Marotta wrote:
The last Boeing I flew was the 727 and it had fuel gauges behind a
panel
on the under side of the right wing.* There was also a calibrated drip...
Forum: Soaring September 28th 20, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Grob Twin Astir getting

At 14:12 28 September 2020, Kenn Sebesta wrote:
@Steve, that's a great description, I'll go try it with the other
direction. My natural slip tendency is to bank left because I'm right
handed--...
Forum: Soaring September 9th 20, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Virga, rain, cloudsuck - how close do you get?

At 11:09 09 September 2020, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5:36:24 AM UTC+1, Mike Reid
wrote:
If you avoid flying in cloud or the rain directly under a thundercloud,...
Forum: Soaring September 9th 20, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Ka6e for Tall Pilots

At 19:21 08 September 2020, Kilo 58 wrote:
Some time ago, I read about a Dutch Ka6e that had been modified
for tall pilots. I am 6 foot 5 inches (197 cm) tall. I can’t find the

article to...
Forum: Soaring August 17th 20, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Zander SR 940 setup disc?

At 13:15 17 August 2020, Christoph Barniske wrote:
All you need should be available at
http://zander-variometer.de/English/downloadE.htm.

Regards
Christoph

Thank you.

RO
Forum: Soaring August 17th 20, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Zander SR 940 setup disc?

Does anyone out there have an old Zander SR 940 setup disc
kicking around? If so, I'd like to be able to arrange for a copy
to be made to use in setting an SR 940 up here.

Thanks,

RO
Forum: Soaring August 14th 20, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
PA-25 Pawnee exhaust manifolds

At 12:14 12 August 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for a US shop that can repair
or sells replacement 235 Hp Pawnee exhaust manifolds, clamps
and...
Forum: Soaring August 12th 20, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
PA-25 Pawnee exhaust manifolds

Does anyone have a good source for a US shop that can repair
or sells replacement 235 Hp Pawnee exhaust manifolds, clamps
and gaskets?

RO
Forum: Soaring August 10th 20, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
wing tape

At 17:59 10 August 2020, Tim Taylor wrote:
The best tape is the 3M 483, but the price has gotten so out of
hand that
i=
t is hard to justify. It will not sink in as much as the other tapes....
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 20, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
New SB (SB-G09) on elevator pushrods for most all Grobs

At 01:10 03 August 2020, soaringjac wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 7:17:09 AM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
See the link below
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 20, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Looking for a good used SN-10

At 20:03 23 July 2020, Keith Bauer wrote:
Hello, Im looking for a good condition SN-10 to purchase. Please reply
or
email me if you are interested in selling. I am in the East coast US....
Forum: Soaring July 16th 20, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Lindner seeking life extension to 16,000 hrs for Grob?

At 16:54 15 July 2020, Christopher Schrader wrote:
Does anyone know whether Lindner is actively seeking a life extension
inspection procedure for the Grob 103 to extend its life to 16,000...
Forum: Soaring July 3rd 20, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Amazon video

At 14:59 02 July 2020, Bruce wrote:
On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 7:34:14 AM UTC-7,
wrote:
Can you provide a link? Only thing I found was Matthew Modine film
which
doesn't seem...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 20, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
William C Holbrook

At 19:48 08 June 2020, wrote:
William C Holbrook passed away peacefully last night at the age of 98.
He
was a long time family friend, professional pilot and holder of...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 20, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Schroth 4 point harness for sale

At 18:59 04 June 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 19:28 02 June 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
Selling the 1999 Schroth 4 point harness that came with my
Discus-
2b. Apparently an AD came out...
Forum: Soaring June 5th 20, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Ilec SN-10B two seat version

At 21:43 04 June 2020, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 3:15:05 PM UTC-4, Michael Opitz
wrote:
I am getting push-back saying that they
just want to stick to the basic training...
Forum: Soaring June 4th 20, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Ilec SN-10B two seat version

I recently imported a two seat version SN-10B from Germany in
hopes that our club would maybe upgrade one of our Twins and do
a little more xc training. I am getting push-back saying that they...
Forum: Soaring June 4th 20, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Power FLARM Portable (North America Version) for sale

At 04:08 04 June 2020,
John_DeRosa_OHM_Ω_http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
You should advertise on http://glidersource.com.

Ad is going up on W&W under misc classifieds.

RO
Forum: Soaring June 4th 20, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Michael Opitz
Schroth 4 point harness for sale

At 19:28 02 June 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
Selling the 1999 Schroth 4 point harness that came with my Discus-
2b. Apparently an AD came out restricting this model from being
used on aerobatic...