Search: Posts made by: K Smith
Forum: Soaring July 27th 09, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
xcsoar

Brad is that the IPAQ with the built in GPS that you tried it on. I am
going to have to rent gliders until I get a good solid cash flow going
again, and would like to be able to carry a navagation...
Forum: Soaring July 21st 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
Affordable Glider

Let me say thanks to all the people who responded, I especially appreciated
the coments on the trailer condition, as I had not even thought of that. I
apologize to the people who e-mailed me with...
Forum: Soaring July 20th 09, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
Affordable Glider

O.K. now that I am getting back into gliding, I will want to purchase a
glider of my own in the not so distant future. I had a lot of fun flying a
1-26 when I was doing my solo training, and am...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 09, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
Sequatchie Soaring Society

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear there is no more glider activity
at the field. It always seemed like a nice area to fly from. I can still
remeber coming back from Chatanooga with my...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 09, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
Sequatchie Soaring Society

Does anyone know what happened to this group. They were only an hour from
me, but they seem to have vanished several years ago.
Forum: Soaring June 29th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Smith
Getting back to gliding

I haven't flown since 1993, and am now a diabetic who gained a large amount
of weight. I have finally gotten off my lazy butt and decided to drop the
weight and get back in a sailplane. I hope to...