Search: Posts made by: Stan Prevost
Forum: Home Built March 25th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Stan Prevost
Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

I ran into this tax scam in Michigan after buying my airplane there.
Actually the broker was there, the seller and buyer were both out of state.
Michigan has a 90-day period, during which we...
Forum: Owning March 25th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Stan Prevost
Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

I ran into this tax scam in Michigan after buying my airplane there.
Actually the broker was there, the seller and buyer were both out of state.
Michigan has a 90-day period, during which we...
Forum: Piloting March 25th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Stan Prevost
Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

I ran into this tax scam in Michigan after buying my airplane there.
Actually the broker was there, the seller and buyer were both out of state.
Michigan has a 90-day period, during which we...
Forum: Piloting March 16th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Stan Prevost
Why must night landings be full-stop?

"Airbus" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Forum: Piloting February 23rd 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Stan Prevost
Complex endorsement question

I've never flown a 172RG. Does it have a variable pitch prop?

"john" wrote in message
Thanks for...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 18th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Here is the official answer from my Garmin associate. He is about at the
top of the engineering food...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 18th 08, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
I then delete KBDN and have

LKV
URBIA

Approach
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 18th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Mitty" wrote in message

On 2/17/2008 4:54 PM, Stan Prevost wrote the following:
snip

I wonder what the response would...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 18th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

Well, let me posit a scenario.

Flight Plan:

KABC WPTA WPTB WPTC KDEF

After passing WPTB, I either conclude on my own that APPRCH 1 to KDEF is
what I expect, or I am told to expect it. So I...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 17th 08, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Stan Prevost wrote:

FPL, push small knob to get cursor, scroll down to airport, CLR, ENTER to
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 17th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Stan Prevost wrote:

FPL, push small knob to get cursor, scroll down to airport, CLR, ENTER to
Forum: Owning February 17th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Stan Prevost
Thielert (Diesel Engines)

I haven't really been following this thread, but I thought I would interject
something I just learned about Thielert diesels.

A local flight school which also rents out airplanes, just got a DA42...
Forum: Piloting February 17th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Stan Prevost
Thielert (Diesel Engines)

I haven't really been following this thread, but I thought I would interject
something I just learned about Thielert diesels.

A local flight school which also rents out airplanes, just got a DA42...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 17th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Stan Prevost wrote:

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 17th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
John Collins wrote:

When an approach is loaded, it is appended to the flight plan after the
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 16th 08, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

So you are f lying along, direct KABC. You have loaded an approach and
selected an IAF. How do you expect the box to know when to switch from
having the TO Waypoint being the airport to having it...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 19th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Obstacle avoidance between take-off and airway

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
ODPs came very close to becoming mandatory for Part 91 in the last
amendment to 91.175 issued last...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 8th 07, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
GNS430W: Parallel offset course feature

It can be used to set a one or two mile offset from an unfamiliar airport
you are flying to, so it comes up on your left side where you can see it
rather than up under your nose where you might...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 1st 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
CFII question for Approach Gurus

"B" wrote in message
Stan Prevost wrote:

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 1st 07, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
CFII question for Approach Gurus

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message

"B" wrote in message

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 1st 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
CFII question for Approach Gurus

"B" wrote in message

The pilot is responsible for the AIM.

The pilot is responsible for the FARs:

"(j) Limitation on procedure turns....
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 18th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Mo Why publish a plate for an OTS approach?

Maybe you are thinking of the Congressional Record?

On 2007-06-17 06:44:19 -0700,...
Forum: Owning April 28th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Stan Prevost
Fuel Flow and Peak EGT

"Newps" wrote in message

Neither is necessary. I have neither in my Bo, just a regular single
point EGT. Mine...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 23rd 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Stan Prevost
Dreaming STARS

The RNAV A and B are now RNAV 1 and 2.

wrote in message
Was I dreaming? Or did I once hear that RNP 1 and 2...
Forum: Piloting March 15th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Stan Prevost
Navigation flight planning during training

"Alan Gerber" wrote in message

Right. People forget why they're doing this. It's not "how much runway
do I need", it's "is...