Sailplane pilot who wandered across the Iron Curtain in the 1960's. by [email protected]
I didn't get to watch much TV as a kid, my dad made me sit in my room and read books with a dictionary and Thesaurus, hence my magnificant SAT verbal score, but I digress. I find Youtube to be quite entertaining, moreso than much of current crop of garbage on TV and in watching some old shows I...
by Delta8 Go to last post
11 52 Soaring
Top Hat or XC Soar and new Samsung Galaxy Devices by [email protected]
Hello, Does anyone have experience running XC Soar or Tophat Soaring on the newer Samsung Devices? The note 10 and S10 are reported to have brightness levels over 1000 nits. I’m guessing the previous 8 and 9 generations may also be pretty close for a lot less$ Cannot find much information out...
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
12 59 Soaring
Trying to reach Glider Pilot April Johnson in Alabama by Paul Remde
Hi, A customer named April Johnson from Warrior, Alabama has ordered a few items from me recently, but the phone number she provided doesn't work and she hasn't replied to any emails. The orders seem legitimate. They are for soaring specific items - such as an ILEC SN10 USB Adapter. I'm...
Today 06:36 AM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
7 56 Soaring
Affordable Oxygen by John Foster
I was given an older MH EDS unit to install in my Phoebus glider which I got for a song and am restoring. The glider has a bracket for the oxygen tank, but no tank is installed. The bottom is a rounded fiberglass cup, and there is a flip bracket to go around the neck. It sits behind the seat pan...
Today 06:34 AM
by Surge Go to last post
9 34 Soaring
Schleicher cockpit by [email protected]
It's snowing and for entertainment sake I thought I'd throw this question out there. One of the selling points of the -24 and later Schleicher gliders is the "crashworthiness" of the fuselage. Waibel won the Ostiv, we've all seen pictures of the test rig dropping a fuselage after a simulated...
by 2G Go to last post
16 102 Soaring
wanted, a tail dolly for a Grob 103 Twin II by Scott Williams[_2_]
My club wants a cuff style tail dolly for a Grob 103A twin II Scott, Oklahoma Soaring Assc.
Astir CS ballast weight by soaringjac
Does anyone have a photo they can post showing how the ballast weights get installed in the nose of the Astir CS? I just see two holes up there but not exactly sure what’s needed to install weights and how it should be setup
Today 02:58 AM
by soaringjac Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Looking for someone to refinish your glider? by [email protected]
Amateur refinisher looking to take on some work for pay. 15 meter fuselage and stabilizer would be good, or I could do a set of wings. Could possibly do an entire glider, but might not be able to guarantee that completed by summer so it might be best to start with a partial project. Price would...
Lowest power tow by [email protected]
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.
Questions/Comments about OGN by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
I am interested in the Open Glider Network (OGN) work with a possible implementation around the Chicago area. See http://wiki.glidernet.org/ for details. You can see tracked objects at http://live.glidernet.org. As you can imagine not much going on right now on January 20th - except around...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
17 76 Soaring
Butterfly (air-avionics) Vario discontinued? by [email protected]
Am I right in my suspection that this Vario is no longer available? S
Yesterday 10:43 PM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
6 56 Soaring
New Oudie 2 Condor 2 cable connection by Nelson Howe
I Just bought an Oudie 2 with Goddard connection cable to allow communication with PC and use with Condor 2. After extensive attempts to update the drivers and install a different program to remove and then update the drivers, I have had no luck. Paul Remde has been very helpful trying to figure...
Yesterday 10:40 PM
by Nelson Howe Go to last post
2 28 Soaring
A different look by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Did anyone else notice that cool as hell paintjob on that ASG32Mi For Sale on Wings and Wheels? That is Nice. I'd love for my plane to look like THAT! Plain white is so boring.
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
15 91 Soaring
Reminder... Get Your Tickets Now for SSA Convention in Little RockFeb 20-22 by Christopher Schrader[_2_]
Reminder... The 2020 SSA Convention is being held Feb 20-22 in Little Rock, AK. Come visit our vendors and see the latest in sailplane designs, instruments, flight computers and other equipment and soaring supplies. Attend the Soaring Safety Foundation's FIRC Feb 18-19. Be sure to stop by and...
Yesterday 08:46 PM
by Christopher Schrader[_2_] Go to last post