Forum: Owning March 28th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Former FAA aviation safety inspector thoughts

The point of Standy by Vac & electrical is very valid! I have
investigated many IFR accidents with no indication as to WHY!

No radio calls no nothing!

On site investigations show the engine(s)...
Forum: Owning March 27th 08, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Most airplanes one loose wire and you have no electrical power!

The battery Contactor on MOST GA airplanes is
'powered' ( grounded) by ONE wire!

You GAMBLE your life and you Pax's life in IFR conditions by
way of:

One Battery, One battery...
Forum: Owning March 27th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Flying IFR with out STAND BY Vac & electrical is insane!

Flying IFR without a stand by Vaccum system AND some form of
INDEPENDENT back up electrical that can power the entire aircraft
power buss is INSANE!!!!!!
Forum: Piloting February 25th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Request Reception test of our NDB Beacon LYQ

Can you hear our NDB beacon?? Please tune you car radio to 530 AM
during your commute and see if you can hear the LYQ NDB beacon
morse code with voice weather.

Our NDB beacon is located in...
Forum: Owning November 28th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Pilots Uniform -2

General Aviation Almost went up in smoke forever on 9-11 This is
serious. If we want to be able to fly in our own aircraft, to/from
major airports ( even smaller airports) then we MUST retain...
Forum: Owning November 26th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Pilots Uniform: Good idea??

General aviation is under attack: Many 'forces' would like it to go to
the dust bin of history.

Aircraft charter services, fractional ownership etc is growing leaps
and bounds and as such, more...
Forum: Owning November 26th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Private Pilot Uniforms

On Nov 25, 4:26 pm, "Frank" wrote:
I am anticipating getting my private certificate in the not-too-distant future. I know this may sound like a real dorky thing to some people,...
Forum: Owning October 19th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cost of Avgas???

Hey: with oil 90 bucks barrel has it caused Avgas to go up in your
area??? How much are you paying???

at KBHM ( Birmingham, Al) last week it was $ 5.76 a gallon!!!!
Forum: Home Built October 9th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Engine power question???

I own a Cessna 150 with a 150 HP engine installed (0-320- E2D)

The STC states the static RPM is not to be over 2250 RPM.

My airplane meets the Static RPM Requirement.

My question is am I...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 26th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Can you hear our new NDB beacon???

We have just installed a new NDB beacon here at our private airport
43TN . The new beacon is on 529 KHZ the ID is LYQ

We would like to know if you can hear it at your location??? At
night, if...