Search: Posts made by: SoaringXCellence
Forum: Soaring September 1st 20, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Any Hornet / Hornet C owners.

Phil,

The Hornet and the Club Libelle have the same wing (and horizontal Stab). The airfoil for the Standard Libelle, the Hornet and the Club Libelle are the same.

I would check with Streifeneder...
Forum: Soaring August 16th 20, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Glasflugel Mosquito winglets???

I have a set of molds, copied from the Seven Valley Winglets.

Contact me privately if you want to talk about getting set.

Mike B.
Forum: Soaring August 11th 20, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Speed of a vario

Dan,

It means you're very slow, only faster than 16% of the test subjects. I got an average of 210, that's the 76 percentile.

MB
Forum: Soaring August 10th 20, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
§ 61.87 (i)

Except if you look at the reg, the pre-solo test is not required to be written, but I think that is a great way to "prove" you'd done the test. An Oral test meets the requirement, but you may have a...
Forum: Soaring August 8th 20, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
§ 61.87 (i)

Shaun,

You're right! It's often overlooked for various reasons. Most commonly (that I have seen) is that the CFI-G hasn't reviewed the Student pilot solo requirements in a while. I recall that a...
Forum: Soaring July 29th 20, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Ventus C refinish, wing templates?

Mike,

Look up John Neel on the SSA member locator. He lives in UT and has done a lot of rebuild/refinish work. He may be willing to have you do the "grunt" work with his supervision.

Mike
Forum: Soaring July 29th 20, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Ventus C refinish, wing templates?

Where are you located? That will determine who you might be able to work with.

Mike
Forum: Soaring July 13th 20, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Ventus CM starting problems

Lucas,

When was the last time the power cables to the starter were replaced? Sometimes the cables start to have strands break inside the insulation due to flexing and vibration. This reduces the...
Forum: Soaring July 10th 20, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Add-on have to take the Knowledge test?

Also, If you don't have a private glider or a commercial, in any category, (as it appears from the question) you need a private glider before applying for a commercial glider.

Mike B. (former DPE)
Forum: Soaring June 29th 20, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

Actually, his suspension is over, was given before the first of the year and occurred mostly during the virus shut-down time.
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Inreach SE for sale

message sent.
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Battery question

Another item on your list has a very high current draw: The Stratux is based on a Raspberry Pi and those have more current draw than most of the rest of your panel!

I have a 15000mAh LimeFuel...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 20, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
How to Create a CUB Airspace File for your LX Computer

Correction to the Soaring Info link:

https://soaringdata.info/aviation/airportsTab.html

(You're welcome, Lynn)
Forum: Soaring June 5th 20, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Ilec SN-10B two seat version

Michael,

Give me a private message or email, I recently gave a presentation to my club members and have a video that may be useful.

I just up an SN10B in out Grob 103, Twin Astir, and the other XC...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 20, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Scam I think!!!

Geoff,

Yes, classic scam!! Standard over payment, send me the difference.

BTW, Geoff, are you now ready to sell it?

I'm still interested. I'll email you.

Mike B.
Forum: Soaring May 31st 20, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
SeeYou Training Videos

Dave,

Nice work! Are you going to do one about using multiple windows?

Mike
4M
Forum: Soaring May 20th 20, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
AOA indicator poll.

Luc,

Have you looked at the AOA indicators that are currently used in the GA fleet (mostly experimental aircraft)? There is a "standar" (sort of) depiction of the Aoa that you might want to follow....
Forum: Soaring May 6th 20, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Condor 2 Bug?

Dan,

Actually there are two or three places you can control the trim. On a full-sized keyboard,the "Insert" is down trim and the "Delete" is up trim.

You can also us a slider type control on your...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 20, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Flight Review in single place glider

The ultra light/SLA regulations allow an examiner to observe from the ground if the applicant's airplane is a single place. I'm not aware of any regulation permitting ground observation for flight...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 20, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
mecaplex window

On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:15:05 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
Dose anyone have an extra window? I have the rails.

Morris, Contact information?
Forum: Soaring April 6th 20, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Oudie gear warning?

Depending on how you have configured the S8, it can give all kinds of verbal warnings. Even without a gear sensing switch it will remind you to check gear 5 minutes after you're airborne.
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 20, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
ForeFlight collision avoidance system

Martin,

The Foreflight display function is immediate as long as there is a valid input from an ADS-B input source. In our gliders the most common ADS_B input is coming from the FLARM, which does...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 20, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
OLC uploading disabled? What does it mean?

There is another site: Skylines:

https://skylines.aero/

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 31st 20, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Clubs Still Flying List

My club also does sign-up order for flights and aircraft.
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Solo 2350D won't start

Just saw this on Reddit, looks like it might apply:

"Once I spent an entire weekend trouble-shooting an EX500 (twin cylinder Kawasaki) that would only run on one cylinder. The spark plugs, the float...