Search: Posts made by: Steve Leonard[_2_]
Forum: Soaring June 12th 21, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
GPS stopping on Android recorders

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:25:29 PM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 6/10/2021 5:39 PM, Alan Walls wrote:
Hi All,

Recently I had a couple of people ask about position outages on...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 21, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:12:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I just checked the SSA web site for results. They are showing all
remaining days as "no contest". Has the fire season shut...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 21, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 10:55:00 AM UTC-5, Herbert Kilian wrote:
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 11:56:25 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Last time I set foot in Steve's hangar, I could feel the...
Forum: Soaring May 27th 21, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 11:56:25 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Last time I set foot in Steve's hangar, I could feel the rise in enthalpy...

Dan 5J

That was the 100LL in the 182, Dan. ...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 21, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 1:45:52 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
One more item in his hangar and it will probably explode!
Well, I certainly would like to see THAT on YouTube!

Mark I think it...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 21, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:15:37 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
Hi Steve,
I gave it to one of our club members who is interested. If he doesn't buy it, I guess it'll end up cluttering Steve's...
Forum: Soaring May 24th 21, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Compaq Aero 1500

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 8:30:36 PM UTC-5, Mike Carris wrote:
"Amazon has (expensive) replacement batteries still available.
Forum: Soaring May 24th 21, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:23:06 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:32:09 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 21, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 21, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
replacement instruments

So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 21, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Time to hang it up?

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 8:31:01 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 11:43:28 AM UTC-7, Mike Koerner wrote:
JJ,
I know you’re just having fun, but...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 21, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Time to hang it up?

Thank you, JJ, for all your help and advice. I am saddened to see you are stopping flying, but glad you were able to make the decision on your own and without "prompting" from others. I will...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 21, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
A Different Chute Question

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 10:22:15 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

And, thank you, Bert. I will check with them, but I am not sure what they will know. Maybe someone there remembers the...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 21, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
A Different Chute Question

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:36:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On 2/17/2021 1:20 AM, Steve Leonard wrote:
...so I could have the drag chute available.

Oh Steve, don't be a...
Forum: Soaring February 17th 21, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
A Different Chute Question

Thank you for the link, Stéphane. I wonder how many Elfe's got the shark mouth painted on the nose? I have a "trading card" with an Elfe with the shark mouth on it.

John, the plane is question is...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 21, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
A Different Chute Question

So, I am well aware of the drag chutes supplied by Walter Kostelezky, K.G. of Germany. I am aware of the rings and swivels at the connection to the aircraft, and that the aircraft end is a release...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 21, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 8:22:34 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I am curious what was the google search you were conducting "for a friend" when you found this, and great find!!

I was...
Forum: Soaring January 28th 21, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969...
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 21, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
FAA Aircraft Re-registration

No problems at all before Christmas renewing the FJ-1 and my club's Grob registrations using Chrome. Just started when I tried to renew the Ka8. Maybe that is because it was Old Dog Wolter's old...
Forum: Soaring December 31st 20, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
FAA Aircraft Re-registration

Just tried to renew the registration on my Ka8 on line, and the page for your credit card payment would not load. I was using Chrome, Windows 10 machine. Changed over and tried using MS Edge, and...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 20, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Identifying a Canopy Blank's Glider Model

John,

I am betting on Diamant. I have an RV-3 canopy in my garage, and it looks nothing like that. RV-3 canopy is blown bubble, with sort of a teardrop shape when viewed from above. Side view of...
Forum: Soaring December 1st 20, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Identifying a Canopy Blank's Glider Model

Is the window cutout parallel to the bottom edge of the glass, or as an obviously offset angle? A couple of pictures of the front end would also be helpful.

As JJ suggested, a "camera on the floor,...
Forum: Soaring November 22nd 20, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
COBRA Hydraulic Jack

I think Cobra has now changed to a vertical acting jack like what John has. On at least some trailers.

Steve Leonard
Forum: Soaring November 18th 20, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
"rubber bellows" for LS6 landing gear

On Monday, November 16, 2020 at 9:37:48 AM UTC-6, Raul Boerner wrote:

PS: Dan M. gifted me his LS6 tail dolly, years ago--just fun information.

So, THAT is where my tail dolly went. :-)

Steve...
Forum: Soaring November 11th 20, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 6:59:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 6:07:00 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:58:44 PM...