Forum: Piloting December 10th 07, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mid-Air over the Everglades

On Dec 9, 4:05 pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"GetErDone" wrote in message

Rescue crews continued...
Forum: Piloting October 9th 07, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Glass cockpit hard to read

On Oct 6, 12:56 pm, john smith wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
A lot of human factors work went into...
Forum: Piloting September 21st 07, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ouch!!! Wet rates keep going up!

On Sep 20, 8:15 pm, wrote:
The hourly rate on all of the planes in my flying club just went up
again (second time in a year).

Archer II's just went up by another $10 per hour....
Forum: Piloting September 20th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Head wind takeoff into rising hills, or crosswind takeoff to open space ??

On Sep 19, 4:47 pm, EridanMan wrote:
The other thing to keep in mind is that "headwinds into rising
terrain" is dangerous simply from a mountain flying perspective,
Forum: Piloting September 20th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Head wind takeoff into rising hills, or crosswind takeoff to open space ??

On Sep 19, 3:26 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:11:36 -0700, P S wrote in
:

Forum: Simulators July 2nd 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.simulators
FSX: G1000 panel, can't change NAV frequency

I just installed FSX and tried out the 172 with G1000 panel. I have
never used a G1000 panel, but I'm curious.

Strangely, if I click on the "NAV" button on the upper left corner of
the panel, I can...
Forum: Piloting May 6th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AOPA article: Piston pilots pay no user fee, but IFR's pay $25

Can people help decipher the AOPA article about who pays the $25 fee
on per
use of the ATC service,

"There would be a $25 per flight "Air Traffic Modernization" surcharge
imposed on all flights....
Forum: Owning March 15th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
C172 safety: Screws under the wing above the doors

Hi everyone,

On Mar 13, 7:57 am, wrote:
On Mar 13, 6:49 am, "John" wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:00 pm, wrote:

Our 172...
Forum: Owning March 11th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
C172 safety: Screws under the wing above the doors

They are where the wing and fuselage meet. What you said makes sense.
Those screws looked large compared with those on the household
appliances, but they are not that big. Google'd a bit and...
Forum: Owning March 11th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
C172 safety: Screws under the wing above the doors

Our 172 has two screws missing from under the wing where
it connects to the fuselage above passenger door.

The size of those screws are quite big. My question is whether
they are important to the...
Forum: Owning January 29th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Where to find historic plane prices

Is there a place one can get the historical price of new
planes for the past 10-20 years ? Want to know how the
price of planes moved up over the years.

Second question is about the price difference...
Forum: Owning January 25th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Airplane sellers using a broker/dealer

For those who have sold an airplane before, how do the dealers charge
their
fees for finding a buyer ? 3%, 5%, 10%of the purchase price ? Or a
fixed
amount for a "listed period" ?

I'm most...
Forum: Owning January 1st 07, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Diamond DA-40 headroom

Steve C wrote:
wrote:
...On a different topic, does anyone
know what Diamond changed in the DA40XL to achieve the upgraded
performance numbers? I believe they are...
Forum: Owning December 31st 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Diamond DA-40 headroom

wrote:
I had a chance to fly a DA-40 Diamond Star quite a bit over the
holidays, to give some young eagles rides to kids in the family. After
flying this plane, I'd have to...
Forum: Owning October 21st 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cost of owning a Diamond DA40, new vs 5-6 years old

Peter wrote:
wrote

Nothing major to fix for the first 5 years. What a luxury.

Not unusual. I bought a new Socata TB20 in 2002; spent nothing in the
first two years...
Forum: Piloting October 21st 06, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lowrance 600c: Preliminary Pirep

I have similar experience. Just to add that if you want to load the
detailed street maps from MapCreate 6, you can only load a very
small map, covering 200X200 nm or so. This number is not
accurate,...
Forum: Owning October 18th 06, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cost of owning a Diamond DA40, new vs 5-6 years old

Nothing major to fix for the first 5 years. What a luxury. For the
last 3 years,
how much did the annuals cost ?

I actually don't care much about the G1000 panel. I can live with it,
but don't
feel...
Forum: Owning October 17th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cost of owning a Diamond DA40, new vs 5-6 years old

Peter R. wrote:
wrote:

What about a 5-6 years 2nd hand one ?

I don't own business and have no way of writting off any of the costs.

Responding here as a one...
Forum: Owning October 17th 06, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Cost of owning a Diamond DA40, new vs 5-6 years old

Any DA40 owners here ?

Assume one flies 100-150 hours/year, how much is the annual cost
associated with
owning a new DA40 ?

What about a 5-6 years 2nd hand one ?

I don't own business and have no...
Forum: Owning October 10th 06, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
twinstar vs. cirrus - your call?

Montblack wrote:
wrote)
Excellent - thanks, all! Consensus (mostly sent offlist) is to buy into an
older twin. I ran the spreadsheet numbers and, while I can't plug in...