Search: Posts made by: Robert M. Gary
Forum: Piloting April 15th 10, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
BFR, Debonair checkout, under 2 hours, YEAH!

On Apr 14, 8:21*am, Ricky wrote:

Let us know when you're ready to step up to a Mooney. :)

-Robert
Forum: Piloting March 10th 10, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Legal vs. practical cloud cover for VFR

Remember that what is legal has nothing to do with keeping you safe.
The FAA could care less if you run yourself into a mountain. The
purpose of VFR mins is to keep you away from the "real pilots"...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Possible "deliberate" plane crash

On Feb 19, 12:09*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:47:29 -0800 (PST), Robert M. Gary wrote:
He was a student. I don't think he had even soloed,

The...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Vertical stabilizers

On Feb 18, 1:02*pm, Dallas wrote:
Speaking of below 250 knot aircraft, does it really matter much what shape
they make the vertical stabilizer?

They seem to...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Possible "deliberate" plane crash

On Feb 18, 1:51*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:42:37 -0800 (PST), Ricky wrote:
a plane crashed into
a building just an hour south of my home in...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Looking for some marketing feedback on a new pilot relief product

On Feb 19, 4:36*am, "vaughn"
wrote:

Actually, the best folks to ask about this product are sailplane pilots. *They
tend to take long flights in rather tiny...
Forum: Piloting February 19th 10, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Looking for some marketing feedback on a new pilot relief product

On Feb 18, 4:12*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:59:15 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:
All feedback is appreciated.

You mean my Topicana Orange drink...
Forum: Piloting February 17th 10, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Frontline documentary on the problems with regionals

On Feb 13, 3:43*pm, FlyCherokee wrote:
On Feb 13, 8:19*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

The accident itself is still a mystery to me. I only saw the first
half...
Forum: Piloting February 17th 10, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Frontline documentary on the problems with regionals

On Feb 13, 8:23*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
tim.... writes:
Why should this require them to reduce ticket prices?

Because passengers pay in part for safety, and safety is...
Forum: Owning September 10th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit

On Sep 5, 2:00*pm, "Mike Spera" wrote:
I am in a quest to troubleshoot an oil temp that has crept up a bit in the
last 100 hours or so. Checked all the baffling and"usual...
Forum: Owning September 10th 09, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Stuck ident

On Sep 7, 2:14*pm, Bob Noel wrote:
Any thoughts wrt why a KT76 would appear to have a
stuck ident after about one hour of flying? *
On Saturday and today, each...
Forum: Piloting September 9th 09, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Medical form worksheet

On Aug 28, 3:01*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
wrote in message

If you actually submit it on this site, all your doctor will need is the
confirmation...
Forum: Piloting July 14th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 10, 3:58*pm, " wrote:
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

When I'm working with students I'll often ask ground while I'm at the
runup to show us the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 26th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Whistle for your frequency?

On May 18, 10:45*am, -b- wrote:

BTW - try to imagine all the spurious stuff a web search using the word
"Narco" brings up today ! I doubt they would name their company...
Forum: Piloting May 22nd 09, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Skydiving and FAA regs

What type of altitude violation could a jumper violate? They are
always transitioning through altitude. I have seen that cloud
clearance does seem to get ignoried and probably shouldn't. We lost...
Forum: Piloting May 18th 09, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Why haven't rental rates come back down?

On May 12, 10:53*am, Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 15:13:50 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:
I think that many FBOs were just losing money during the...
Forum: Piloting May 11th 09, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Why haven't rental rates come back down?

On May 7, 4:24*pm, Dallas wrote:

So what is going on? *Is there some invisible expense increase at FBOs
that's keeping their prices up or do they not understand...
Forum: Piloting April 23rd 09, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Right wing extremist large aircraft threaten our lives...

On Apr 22, 7:53*pm, "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in ...

Not sure why...
Forum: Piloting April 22nd 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
unrestricted commercial operating under part 91

On Apr 21, 9:12*pm, "Shelly" wrote:
Hello all,

I hold *an unrestricted commercial pilot's license issued in 1973. * I am
not current but that's something I can take care of...
Forum: Piloting April 22nd 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Right wing extremist large aircraft threaten our lives...

On Apr 21, 8:17*pm, "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:

Are you high?

WTF does it matter if they "worked in the administration"?

Not sure why you aren't comprehending this. We are talking about...
Forum: Piloting April 20th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
What's the bi-annual flight review all about?

On Apr 15, 7:45*am, wrote:
Dallas wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:30:00 GMT, wrote:

It isn't a "test"...
Forum: Piloting April 20th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Right wing extremist large aircraft threaten our lives...

On Apr 18, 6:06*pm, "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:

How soon you forget about the right wing heroes, Timmy McVeigh who actually
did manage to blow things up and kill women and children, or...
Forum: Owning March 24th 09, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Robert M. Gary
Cessna 210 Lease or Flight Club?

On Mar 22, 9:19*pm, Clark wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:d9cd4f94-6f02-49aa-bba3-
:

On Mar 21, 2:44*pm,...
Forum: Piloting March 24th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
flying car (again)

On Mar 23, 9:37*pm, Sylvain wrote:
Mike Ash wrote:

That said, *I wouldn't want to expose an aircraft that I am flying to the
hazards of road traffic (a minor 'parking rash'...
Forum: Piloting March 23rd 09, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Robert M. Gary
flying car (again)

On Mar 21, 7:00*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article

I think that they may be using a liberal amount of balonium in it to get
the claimed performance.

Just...