Forum: Owning October 22nd 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Can hydraulic lifters cause inadequate full power?

On Oct 12, 9:03*pm, wrote:

* * * * We've put new points and condensers in both, including internally (and
of course externally) timing them. *No change....
Forum: Owning April 10th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Avionics Cooling Fan

The avionics fans have nozzles on them to attach a piece of 1"
diameter scat ducting. That's probably what he's looking for.

I'd suggest ask over in the www.vansairforce.net forums...
Forum: Owning March 27th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Most airplanes one loose wire and you have no electrical power!

Holy Single Points of Failure, Batman!!!!!!

My airplane only has one engine with one crankshaft and one
propeller!!! And only one rudder too!!!!!

ZOMG!!!!! I'm gonna DIE!!!
And so are you.
And...
Forum: Piloting March 18th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Water in the fuel

On Mar 15, 2:56 am, Ron Garret wrote:
It occurred to me today that in fifteen years of flying I have never
once found water in my fuel when I've drained my tanks. Not a...
Forum: Piloting March 18th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Water in the fuel

On Mar 15, 10:37 pm, george wrote:
In the Ag world they never park up with anything but full tanks.
And -they- still check for water.
better to never find it than it is for...
Forum: Piloting March 17th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Any PIREPS: Fredericksburg, Texas area?

On Mar 17, 1:16 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
wrote:
Coopers is one of the "close seconds".

Nobody in Texas beats the BBQ of the original "City...
Forum: Piloting March 17th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Any PIREPS: Fredericksburg, Texas area?

On Mar 15, 8:50 pm, Dave S wrote:

If you make a whole day trip out of it, Id say "float the river" then
eat at the Grist Mill. Bring sunblock. Rockin R is an outfitter...
Forum: Piloting March 17th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Any PIREPS: Fredericksburg, Texas area?

On Mar 15, 5:51 pm, "Harry" wrote:

Someone else suggested flying up to Llano. As a frequent traveler to there,
I wholeheartedly concur. Cooper's is the best BBQ you...
Forum: Owning March 3rd 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Got *that* call today...

On Feb 29, 5:23 am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Edward A. Falk" wrote in ...

That's why I was...
Forum: Owning February 27th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Piper 235 tail skin

On Feb 26, 6:02 pm, Dave wrote:
RUH ..ROH...

Ross, something is very wrong here...

Here is the entry, sec 4-55 of my (PA28-151) manual...

IN BOLD...
Forum: Owning February 26th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Piper 235 tail skin

On Feb 26, 1:51 pm, Ross wrote:

As so often said here, pardon me, what is the reference for "not
permitted"? Is is a Piper document or what? I would like to make it
Forum: Owning February 26th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Piper 235 tail skin

Skin crack patches are not permitted on the stabilator or rudder or
vertical stab of any PA28 models. You must re-skin to be legal.
Fortunately PA28 tailfeather skins are readily available from...
Forum: Piloting February 26th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.aviation.piloting
What sort of UL/LSA do I want?

You're the Michael from the Houston TX area with the white and blue
TwinCo, right?

If so, then if you'd change your mind about a project you might be
interested in this Zenith CH-701 partially...
Forum: Piloting February 25th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Headsets for hard-of-hearing pilots

Try out a Lightspeed ZULU. The combination of being the quietest ANR
headset on the market plus the ZULU having excellent high-frequency
spectrum response might be of benefit to you. They are rather...
Forum: Owning February 21st 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Give Lucky Jack a ride to Phoenix

I just read the website and it says that the dog had his surgery in
Baton Rouge instead on Friday Feb 9th and is recovering nicely.
Forum: Piloting February 21st 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Post-Annual Flight

On Feb 20, 10:21 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

The tail cone on our Pathfinder is 34 years old, and brittle as an old host. I...
Forum: Owning February 21st 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Post-Annual Flight

On Feb 20, 10:21 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

The tail cone on our Pathfinder is 34 years old, and brittle as an old host. I...
Forum: Piloting February 1st 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting
Night VFR following highways

On Feb 1, 12:28 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Is it a bad idea to fly VFR at night

Yes.

If you actually flew, then you'd know that the Bogeyman comes out at
night... and he makes your...
Forum: Piloting January 28th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GA airports in San Antonio, TX

On Jan 26, 3:18 pm, 150flivver wrote:
Stinson is in the city on the south side. It's a part time Class D
operation. Boerne Stage (5C1) is off I-10 just north of town...
Forum: Piloting January 21st 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
What did it take to get a ticket in 1946?

On Jan 20, 2:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I saw Arthur Godfrey pilot an Eastern Airlines Constellation.

Oh yeah? I can top that.

Last summer, I saw Elvis Presley himself taxi up...
Forum: Owning January 17th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Twist-on BNC connectors

No, I was referring to solderless BNC connectors
that twist onto the stripped coax.

Those connectors can be best described by this highly technical term:
utter ****e.

I have a handful of them...
Forum: Piloting January 17th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GPS Longevity

On Jan 17, 10:18 am, "Steve Foley" wrote:
295s are selling for $250 to $500 on Ebay. 296s are $900 to $1100. I can
sneak a $500 purchase by she-who-must-be-obeyed....
Forum: Owning January 7th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thinking about buying a Zodiac XLi

If I were in the market to buy a factory-built SLSA, I'd have to go
for the RANS S-19LS

http://www.rans.com/S19achievesSLSA.htm

It's not IFR however, but I'm not too keen on taking anything...
Forum: Piloting January 2nd 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Planning on becoming student pilot and buying a headset thisafternoon

The best headset on the market for a beginning student pilot is the
Raven XE from www.pilotessentials.com

See: ...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocket-powered Long-EZ racing, anyone?

http://www.space.com/php/video/player.php?video_id=071128xracer-main

Looks deadly, looks fun. Somebody build me one of them, I'll
volunteer to fly it ;-)