Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by Mike the Strike Go to last post
51 148 Soaring
Apis motorglider by key
Does anyone have experience flying the Apis MC motorglider? What are its performance and handling like? Any problems to watch out for? Thanks, Key
15 2,367 Soaring
Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
by George Haeh Go to last post
24 80 Soaring
The Decline of Soaring Awards by John Foster
I read the recent article in Soaring and it has got me fired up. I have been a member of a small club in Washington State for the last 2 years, learning to fly. The club has a 2-33 and a Lark and a Pawnee. That's it. Badge flying has not been an emphasis, even though one qualifies for at...
by John Foster Go to last post
65 110 Soaring
Trouble in Paradise (Omarama) by Duster[_2_]
Notice from Gavin Wills: "Please note that all Glide Omarama services will be suspended from 15 April 2020. After 20 years of flying from the Omarama Airfield without a Trial Flight incident the Civil Aviation Authority of NZ requires GlideOmarama to re-certify its operations from being a...
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post
43 254 Soaring
Much Ado About Nothing by Dan Marotta
To lift a title from The Bard and, since there's not much else going on these days, and to give homage to Roseanne Roseannadana... What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about CG hooks? My first glider had a nose hook and it was easy to control on launch and tow.* All the rest had CG hooks...
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
10 30 Soaring
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
Today 12:53 AM
by Joseph Calash Go to last post
8 54 Soaring
Monday Night Soaring by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, I have updated the Monday Night Soaring tasks for the next two Mondays. March 30th will still be in Slovenia (default scenery). April 6th will be in AA2 (Alps!) MNS is probably the longest lasting competition in Condor. It's been running continuously since late 2005. This is one of...
Today 12:25 AM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
7 24 Soaring
Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast) by Randy Teel
I am looking for someone to do a Conditional Inspection on my DG1000M. I am located in Grants Pass, OR. I have contacted Williams Soaring and it is about a 5-7 week wait. I have called a couple other individuals and have not gotten any response. My most reliable option is to tow it out to Moriarty...
by svelusive Go to last post
12 47 Soaring
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We had 33 pilots flying on US Nightly Soaring last night! More and more folks are getting back on Condor and having a great time. See report he https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/26/record-numbers-fly-us-nightly-soaring/ If you would like help getting involved on Condor, feel free...
Yesterday 03:23 PM
by Daniel Sazhin[_2_] Go to last post
9 37 Soaring
2-33 Wanted by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
Yes, really. E-mail only to marfagliders AT a0l.c0m Southwest Texas, USA.