What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
by 2G Go to last post
24 98 Soaring
CAUTION - Active Scam Attempt on W&W Classifieds by Sean Franke
Scams occur in every corner and attempts at Wings & Wheels classifieds are not exempt. I feel it's important to make you aware of the scam that surfaced yesterday. We received over a dozen calls regarding a person who calls himself Michael Diaz (no doubt not his real name). If you have an active...
Today 04:09 AM
by Mike C Go to last post
8 63 Soaring
Any AC-4/5 “Russia” owners out there? by Jim M[_2_]
I’m a new owner looking for some tips and tricks. Here’s a couple of questions for starters: -What breaks first, and how do I fix it before that happens? -Is there an easy way to replace the main wheel/brake with something better? -I have two pitot sources, why? Thanks! Jim
Refinishing ASW24 by [email protected]
I have been working on the horizontal stab and the two elevators for the past two weeks. I have never seen such difficult gel coat to remove. I am no rookie at gel coat, have done many boats and a bit of glider repair, but this is a beast to remove. It took me six full days to remove the gel coat...
LS6 (a, b) NEO by [email protected]
Hello, here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum: "Hello, everybody, about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive. Now...
Yesterday 09:40 PM
by Moises Romero Go to last post
7 250 Soaring
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada by 2G
He flew with two other paragliders last Saturday and hasn't been heard from since: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/infrared-tech-used-in-hunt-for-paraglider-pilot-missing-in-nevada-2104357/ This is very unforgiving country to be flying over. You can walk for an entire day and not...
by Semantics Michael Go to last post
59 416 Soaring
FES underpowered for 18m ship? by Mana
I just had a chat with a fellow pilot whose friend sold his LAK 17b FES because he was disappointed by the ability of the FES to gain altitude. The problem being that when applying sufficient power to gain altitude, the battery would get warm to the point where the controller shuts the motor down....
SSA Sailplane Tracker by AS
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional. Uli
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post