Search: Posts made by: BillJ
Forum: Home Built September 28th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By BillJ
Sigma Tek HSI

wrote:
Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
If you need a new HSI I would look at the...
Forum: Owning September 28th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By BillJ
Sigma Tek HSI

wrote:
Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
If you need a new HSI I would look at the...
Forum: Piloting September 28th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By BillJ
Sigma Tek HSI

wrote:
Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
If you need a new HSI I would look at the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 12th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
Aircraft Ride Share

Rajat Garg wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am a fellow Pilot from Seattle and founder of aviation website,
PilotOutlook.com.

We recently launched a feature on our site to allow pilots to share
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules August 24th 08, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
Approach Question

VOR-DME wrote:
Greetings,
First off, please tell me if this is the right forum for newer-minted IR
pilots to discuss approach questions?

If so, have a look at this one :
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules August 24th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
Approach Question

VOR-DME wrote:
Greetings,
First off, please tell me if this is the right forum for newer-minted IR
pilots to discuss approach questions?

If so, have a look at this one :
Forum: Piloting August 6th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
Flying women movies???

Lou wrote:
I have an impressionable young daughter that doesn't seem to have an
interest in flying. However she has an interest in successful women.
Does anyone have a recommendation of movies...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 19th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
Garmin 430 question

Sam Spade wrote:
Marco Leon wrote:
If you know that you will get this clearance, you would have to creat
a user waypoint using the radial 187 from POM (i.e. V394) and the PDZ
270 radial....
Forum: Piloting July 9th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
LAHSO Procedures

RandyL wrote:
I have a question that has come up in another newsgroup, that I have
always wondered about. When I received my flight training, my instructor
told me not to accept any Land...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 17th 08, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
ILS approach and VOR Alpha Approach video

wrote:
Knocked out a couple of approaches today in IMC conditions. Was cut
short due to a vacuum system problem (note, not the pump).

Ceilings 1500 at KJAN and 1400 on my...
Forum: Piloting April 29th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By BillJ
141 Schools

I teach at a 141 school and believe me I have had students finish in 35
hrs. If a student wants to do part 61, I teach that to the same
standards, same syllabus. Sure is nonsense to say it is all...
Forum: Piloting April 19th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By BillJ
Altimeter Question

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

WingFlaps wrote in news:cba00260-0bfd-4ac5-8b46-
:

On Apr 18, 3:04 am, Bertie the Bunyip...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 30th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BillJ
Confusing instructions from ATC.. looking for a concise response

Terence Wilson wrote:
When a transmission is garbled I'm used to saying "say again", but I
was wondering what to say when a transmission comes through in the
clear, but doesn't make much sense...
Forum: Piloting March 28th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
AOPA or Golden Eagle... or what?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:46 am, Dallas wrote:

I've been using AOPA's Real-Time Flight Planner, but CSC DUATS GoldenEagle
FlightPrep looks more...
Forum: Owning March 22nd 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
Club insurance? Club utilization?

Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Robert Barker" ...

"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...

We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have...
Forum: Piloting March 22nd 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Robert Barker" ...

"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...

We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have...
Forum: Owning March 22nd 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
Club insurance? Club utilization?

Steve Foley wrote:

"BillJ" wrote in message

says rates

(now $35000 will go up 10% if we do, but not until next...
Forum: Piloting March 22nd 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Steve Foley wrote:

"BillJ" wrote in message

says rates

(now $35000 will go up 10% if we do, but not until next...
Forum: Owning March 21st 08, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Robert Barker" ...

"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...

We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have...
Forum: Piloting March 21st 08, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Robert Barker" ...

"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...

We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have...
Forum: Piloting March 14th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BillJ
Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

skym wrote:
Thanks for replies. I had meant to address the speed issue since I
knew the stall speed increased with bank. I also kept my speed higher
than normal in the turn because of that. ...
Forum: Products March 8th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Posted By BillJ
Bose X vs. LightSPEED Zulu Review

Ron Lee wrote:
Bob Fry wrote:

I'd sure like to get a Zulu...but I'm still waiting for Lightspeed to
offer a tradein allowance for my current LS headset, the 3G...
Forum: Owning March 8th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products

Ron Lee wrote:
Bob Fry wrote:

I'd sure like to get a Zulu...but I'm still waiting for Lightspeed to
offer a tradein allowance for my current LS headset, the 3G...
Forum: Piloting March 8th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products

Ron Lee wrote:
Bob Fry wrote:

I'd sure like to get a Zulu...but I'm still waiting for Lightspeed to
offer a tradein allowance for my current LS headset, the 3G...
Forum: Owning February 23rd 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By BillJ
Pondering G430W upgrade...

Doug Vetter wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:23:18 -0500, BillJ wrote:

What is the 50% off deal. I got mine upgraded for the original $1500
price. What is the price now?

Current price...