Search: Posts made by: b4soaring
Forum: Soaring February 18th 21, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Flying with Parachutes

On Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 00:21:33 UTC, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 4:07:48 PM UTC-8, kinsell wrote:
On 2/16/21 3:53 PM, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 20, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Glider Fire Sale

What the predictions said was "if we do nothing, something bad will happen, but only if we do nothing.

Something is then done.

Something bad doesn't happen, at least not quite so bad.

It doesn't...
Forum: Soaring November 23rd 19, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Portable TABS coming to the USA?

There are only 2 airports in the UK that have passenger carrying jet traffic in Class G; they are both very quiet, end of the country, coastal airports and one of them is trying to get a Class D CTR....
Forum: Soaring November 21st 19, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Portable TABS coming to the USA?

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 17:12:46 UTC, Darryl Ramm wrote:

Oh dear God I went and read CAA CAP 1391, that UK standard this uAvionix box implements. Now I want to stick a sharpened spoon up...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 18, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Minimum number of flights for winch sign off?

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 14:53:27 UTC, Waveguru wrote:
What would be the consensus for the minimum number of flights to get a ground launch sign off for an experienced glider pilot? How many...
Forum: Soaring July 15th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Multiple IGC files on Google Map or similar

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:17:24 PM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 12, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By b4soaring
Compare/Contrast: CG hook on aerotow vs. CG hook on winch

On Friday, 25 May 2012 03:54:00 UTC+1, son_of_flubber wrote:
I've been told (and witnessed) that aerotow on CG hook is initially difficult for someone who has trained for aerotow with a "nose...