Search: Posts made by: HL Falbaum
Forum: Soaring October 10th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
AT, TAT, MAT?

"Mike the Strike" wrote in message
Here are a few extra hints to make sure that you actually complete...
Forum: Soaring October 10th 08, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
AT, TAT, MAT?

"noel.wade" wrote in message
All -

Does anyone know of any good books or articles on the...
Forum: Soaring September 29th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
All Soaring Participants

Sam-
Your blog captcha is being blocked by my browser somehow so I can't respond
there.

Seems to me that the people with no prior experience are not the ideal ones
to set the rules and...
Forum: Soaring September 20th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
SRA Poll

"noel.wade" wrote in message
OK, time for a total newbie (to competition) to chime in...

I'm eager...
Forum: Soaring September 20th 08, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
SRA Poll

"HL Falbaum" wrote in message

"Sam Giltner" wrote in message
Forum: Soaring September 20th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
SRA Poll

"Sam Giltner" wrote in message
BB PLease forgive me but my most recent response to you did not mention
THE
TEAM, it did not...
Forum: Soaring September 10th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Children in gliders?

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
Are there some common guidelines about how big or old kids should be
before going for a glider...
Forum: Soaring September 8th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Intermittant CAI-302a shutdown?

Frank:

Sorry--forgot one thing.
Check the wiring---if slightly loose can get reduced (and of course) no
voltage!
The connector on the back of the 302 is a bit funky.
--
Hartley Falbaum
Forum: Soaring September 7th 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Intermittant CAI-302a shutdown?

Frank--

Does your radio show low voltage?
Beckers and Dittles can show by various means.

Do you have the backup battery? If the 302A provides for one you can easily
rig it with (dare I say it)...
Forum: Soaring August 27th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
GPS-NAV security sealing

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s21...
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to change the backup battery without breaking the
seal. Just keep the unit...
Forum: Soaring August 27th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
another gelcoat story

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 4:18 pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

Forum: Soaring August 21st 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
New wave window rules in Reno Area

wrote in message
Hi Gang
As of August 1, 08 a new set of rules, agreed to between the FAA and
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Leading Turns With Rudder

"sisu1a" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 4:44 am, wrote:
On Jul 21, 9:08...
Forum: Soaring July 21st 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Leading Turns With Rudder

"Darryl Ramm" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 12:11 pm, PMSC Member wrote:
On...
Forum: Soaring July 4th 08, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Land Out Procedure

"Mike McCarron" wrote in message
It was mentioned during a talk Kai Gertsen gave at the Region 1 contest
this year that it is a...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Airspeed Indicator Strangeness

"Frank" wrote in message
Yesterday on the takeoff roll, I discovered my airspeed indicator was
Forum: Soaring May 6th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
New Condor Tips Document

OK---I'll ask---
What joystick is recommended for Condor.
My Gravis Eliminator was not very good with a large dead spot in the middle.
I took it apart to see if I could improve it---made it...
Forum: Soaring April 13th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
UAVs - a growing midair concern?

"jcarlyle" wrote in message
Hi, Fred,

Thanks for taking the time to write. Let me state up front...
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
gas struts

Phil:

McMaster is in Atlanta--Cheap and fast.
Read the data off the struts the go to the Mcmaster catalogue for the
required measurements. Search "gas springs" and read the 6 pages to get...
Forum: Soaring March 30th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Flap settings for Dummies

wrote in message
On 30 Mar, 03:30, Frank wrote:
Bill,

I like the...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Handicapping

"pascal" wrote in message
Thank you John.

We need to think about it, as we have the same...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Trailer tongue failure

Thanks for the "heads up" on this!

--
Hartley Falbaum
wrote in message
A little afterthought...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Medium performance gliders

"Cats" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 8:46 pm, wrote:
snip

Why don't you define...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
100 Low Lead availability - cont.

"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message

"Mike Schumann" wrote in message
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By HL Falbaum
Warm Feet???

You need dry sox---wet removes heat much faster.

Change to a dry set before flight. since the feet will be sweaty assembling,
pushing around, packing stuff, etc

Fleece lined leather apres-ski...