Search: Posts made by: dbrunone
Forum: Soaring April 14th 15, 07:36 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Yes I would love to see the FlarmMouse in the...

Yes I would love to see the FlarmMouse in the USA!!
Forum: Soaring February 12th 15, 03:10 AM
Posted By dbrunone
I was always taught that if you exceed VNE and...

I was always taught that if you exceed VNE and open the spoilers, they will push the airflow outwards and snap off the wing tips. Never tested the theory but I'm not sure I want to.
Forum: Soaring February 4th 15, 01:50 AM
Posted By dbrunone
I see what you did there...Old Bay...

I see what you did there...Old Bay soaring....Chesapeake...nice
Forum: Soaring November 25th 14, 03:42 AM
Posted By dbrunone
Paul, might want to revisit some of those...

Paul, might want to revisit some of those links...I get errors such as "Sorry, Geocities closed in 2009"....
Forum: Soaring November 18th 14, 01:26 AM
Posted By dbrunone
What is this Oudie Live internet connectivity in...

What is this Oudie Live internet connectivity in 6.0? Does it just connect to the internet through USB via a computer that is connected? I didn't think it had wifi or cellular built in...
Forum: Soaring October 16th 14, 12:55 AM
Posted By dbrunone
That is cool!! Heck of a release altitude for a...

That is cool!! Heck of a release altitude for a 20ft rope though!
Forum: Soaring October 16th 14, 12:48 AM
Posted By dbrunone
If I'm not mistaken, you need a special cable to...

If I'm not mistaken, you need a special cable to do this, I don't think the stock cable included with the Oudie will work. You need part CC-NP-Oudie...
Forum: Soaring May 11th 14, 02:39 PM
Posted By dbrunone
I got mine from Pacific Aerosport. I think they...

I got mine from Pacific Aerosport. I think they were $35 each, but that was a few years ago. To me, the great advantage of these sleeves is that they dont require modification to the glider, they...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 14, 11:11 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Here are the white LS sleeves on my LS1f. They...

Here are the white LS sleeves on my LS1f. They work awesome, they were the first think I changed about the glider after I bought it. ...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 14, 08:43 PM
Posted By dbrunone
So if I have an Oudie-V7-Nano setup, is there any...

So if I have an Oudie-V7-Nano setup, is there any reason to keep to Nano anymore?
Forum: Soaring March 9th 14, 10:35 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Not sure about intervals but Gary Kammerer at...

Not sure about intervals but Gary Kammerer at Clearnav can hook you up
Forum: Soaring February 5th 14, 03:45 AM
Posted By dbrunone
Wedekind sleeves are no longer made, neither are...

Wedekind sleeves are no longer made, neither are Uerling (spelling?). The "Red" sleeves are also not what you want, I believe they had some sort of issue, not exactly sure what.

The only sleeves I...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 14, 06:54 PM
Posted By dbrunone
x2 for Rick Lord in NY. He's extremely helpful. I...

x2 for Rick Lord in NY. He's extremely helpful. I do know that there are MANY iterations of the Microair M760, and some have different wiring. You need to have the correct manual for the "Rev" of the...
Forum: Soaring December 30th 13, 10:54 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Cool, I fly with MASA out of Fairfield, PA near...

Cool, I fly with MASA out of Fairfield, PA near Gettysburg. We have 2 LS1-f's in the club. Come on over anytime
Forum: Soaring November 22nd 13, 03:11 AM
Posted By dbrunone
Hey I have SN 437. Our ships likely shared...

Hey I have SN 437. Our ships likely shared factory floorspace. Where are you located?
Forum: Soaring October 14th 13, 06:12 PM
Posted By dbrunone
I think that's it. It's the size of the 8 pin...

I think that's it. It's the size of the 8 pin round RV plugs, and has the slot just like the plugs do. I use a 4pin to RV adapter for my truck, this guy probably did too.
Forum: Soaring September 28th 13, 01:37 PM
Posted By dbrunone
For me, I tried to download it DIRECTLY to the...

For me, I tried to download it DIRECTLY to the root of the oudie, and when updating, it said it was corrupt. However I tried downloading it to my hard drive, then copying to the oudie, and that...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 13, 03:32 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Anyone have info on when the FlarmMouse will come...

Anyone have info on when the FlarmMouse will come to the US?
Forum: Soaring July 9th 13, 02:15 PM
Posted By dbrunone
No, those are no longer made either. You also...

No, those are no longer made either. You also don't want the "Red" LS sleeves, they had issues with certification, if I remember correctly. "White" LS sleeves are what you want, and from my...
Forum: Soaring July 8th 13, 05:13 PM
Posted By dbrunone
Is FlarmMouse a brand new thing?? Looks like...

Is FlarmMouse a brand new thing?? Looks like Cumulus and Craggy don't have it, where can I buy one and what does it cost? Looks like a perfect way to just swap out the Nano, without dealing with the...
Forum: Soaring July 7th 13, 06:01 PM
Posted By dbrunone
FLARM-V7-Oudie setup

Besides mechanical instruments and radio, right now my glider's setup is:

LXNAV Nano -- LXNAV V7 -- Oudie

I'm wondering if I switch it to:

FLARM Brick -- LXNAV V7 -- Oudie

Does anyone fly...
Forum: Soaring July 7th 13, 05:49 PM
Posted By dbrunone
When I was looking for sleeves for my LS1-f...

When I was looking for sleeves for my LS1-f Hotellier connections a year ago, the Wedekinds were no longer available. I got the "white LS" sleeves...very simple and easy to install and use...I think...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 13, 01:14 AM
Posted By dbrunone
To answer your question about GPS, the advantage...

To answer your question about GPS, the advantage of using 302 GPS is that there is no difference between logged GPS data and displayed GPS data. So if you are flying contests or tasks and you hit a...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 13, 11:15 PM
Posted By dbrunone
I havent been able to get on lxnav.com in a few...

I havent been able to get on lxnav.com in a few days...just says "cannot connect to server". Anyone else have this problem??
Forum: Soaring April 21st 13, 12:17 PM
Posted By dbrunone
I am selling my s-nav setup, comes...

I am selling my s-nav setup, comes with:

S-nav
GPS-nav
Elec vario
GPS data logger
.45L flask

Unit is out getting calibrated right now, but I should have it back soon in top shape. Asking...