Tost Lilliput brake question by Hartley Falbaum[_2_]
I am trying to improve the brakes on a Libelle 201B. I replaced the shoes and de-glazed the drum recently but not much help. I trued the drum on a mandrel in a 10" Clausing lathe. I mounted the backing plate and shoes on another mandrel, intending to true the shoes, but got readings that told me...
Yesterday 07:19 PM
by Hartley Falbaum[_2_] Go to last post
8 20 Soaring
Taurus glider for sale by [email protected]
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale. Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider. This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. ...
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
50 477 Soaring
S80 vario decoupling by [email protected]
Is there any way to "decouple" the S80? That is, get it to display one MacCready setting for speed to fly while showing another (higher) MacCready setting for required altitude to destination? I don't see a way to do it but hopefully I'm missing something. I like the vario so much my willingness...
Implausible Time Records by Dan Marotta
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning of implausible time records in the igc file.* Does anyone know what this means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. Here's a link to the...
by kinsell Go to last post
56 124 Soaring
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes by WaltWX[_2_]
MY PREFERENCE ON COMBINING STANDARD CVLASS AFTER FURTHER REFLECTION (July 17th) After further reflection, I'm going to agree with Steve Northcraft and choose to group the STDs with the 15M (and OPENs if necessary). The 15M and OPENs are having trouble getting sufficient numbers as well. My...
by Tim Taylor Go to last post
23 365 Soaring
Glider Financing : Is Lea County State Bank still the only game in town? by ripacheco1967
Looking into buying a glider... I bought three aircraft in the past, the ones that have a fan strapped to the nose ;). I been looking at the financing options and they seem limited LCSB seems to be the "only" out there advertising for glider pilots. Rates are not that great though... is that the...
Yesterday 04:51 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
8 42 Soaring
Updating FLARM F4/F5 without SD card slot by Senna Van den Bosch
Hi, I have an older FLARM in my glider and found some issues last weekend while flying. I'd like to update the firmware but I can't find any detailed guide to follow. So far I have found this...
Yesterday 04:32 PM
by Robert Tatlow[_2_] Go to last post
4 15 Soaring
FOR SALE by Luke Szczepaniak
Hello, I am doing some spring cleaning and have the following items for sale LXNav NANO3, $350 USD + shipping Cambridge CAI302 $400 USD + shipping Cambridge CAI302 with 303 display $450 USD + shipping Please note that the 302's have been removed from the gliders some time ago, both were in good...
Escaping glider on the ground with stuck canopy? by Steve Koerner
I'm hypothesising about a certain risk scenario that could happen: landing somewhere or crashing somewhere and canopy won't open. If it's hot especially, one might not last long enough for help to arrive if summoned by phone or radio. My question is how to get through a canopy that's stuck or has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 04:06 AM
by rj Go to last post
27 106 Soaring
2020 contests by [email protected]
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10
Yesterday 02:31 AM
Euro Championship by [email protected]
Kawa leading 18m class again in a Diana 3. Absolutely incredible
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 02:08 AM